Grand Menagerie feedback

Kael

Deity
Post your feedback for this scenario here.

The intent of this scenario is that it is a tutorial for hunting. Something to ease new players into FfH.

this scenario is missing its description in the scenario screen - only the xml tag shows up:

txt_key_wb_grand_menagerie_desc

I had this issue - selecting another scenario then clicking back to this one makes the text appear however.

Good introduction to animal capturing. A bit easy but I guess its supposed to be. Finding a griffin was kind of annoying though.

I admit I skipped the intro text, so I thought I was piling up hunters in my city because Keelyn was going to attack me, or something like that :p

supposing the scenarios will get harder, I think it's OK. I was expecting to get my ass kicked haha

I too missed the text and spent the entire game building up my forces to survive the inevitable assault by the balseraphs, which crippled my economy (as I was running pacifism for some reason).

But I (finally) found that griffon and made it to the end.

I found using a week unit (captured wolf) as bait with a hunter to pounce when the chicken cats pounce works well. The wolf lures the cats from over the ocean.

The ending made me cry - I'm rather fond of silver candlesticks.

This definitely lacks some in-game help like the quests. I am sitting there, with Keelyn telling me she wants some grey beast. So what? I'm probably supposed to understand she wants a specific animal. Not having a translation into proper English of the current objectives (hint: Quest log) makes this very boring.

Looks like a part of tutorial. Interesting if it is possible to take Keelyn's capital by culture? There are carnival, grand menagerie and great bards...

If u had another modmod running before the download, the transferred option bug might be your problem! (I just posted something in the bugthread!)
Try start a normal civ game & hereby reset the option parameters!

I suggest an indication in the scen describs about being an hunting tutorial, a starter!

If u had another modmod running before the download, the transferred option bug might be your problem! (I just posted something in the bugthread!)
Try start a normal civ game & hereby reset the option parameters!

Or you just use the PLAY NOW! option, it resets al game options.

So, am I missing something? I get the 5 animals for the Menagerie and cage them. After caging the last one, the red 'objective' simply does not appear again. I tried building the Grand Menagerie, but with it did nothing to advance the scenario.

Top Bottom