1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Menagerie feedback

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Official Scenarios' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Kolath

Kolath Eternal Lurker

My bears killed two griffins. Will the griffins respawn?

2. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Yes, I am pretty sure that there are checks to respawn animals that you need somewhere.

3. YonatanBlum

YonatanBlum Warlord

Same problem here... Any ideas as to what causes this? Perhaps certain events are not triggered. :confused:

4. lordrune

lordrune Prince

You should see an objective to 'capture an elephant' - if you didn't, might be a bug of some kind.

5. lordrune

lordrune Prince

Needs more griffins. They're very shy, and I only had one spawn on the map - I tried luring it with wolves, and that eventually worked, but it took ages before it decided to fly over from the ocean and take the bait.

I completed the scenario successfully - very entertaining and a good setup for the next one (which is a bit tougher by the looks :D )

6. tiberion02

tiberion02 Chieftain

Shouldnt I be getting a 'build the grand menagerie' objective?

7. lordrune

lordrune Prince

Yep, but once you've got the first five animals you'll also see Kaelyn pop up and ask you to capture an elephant.

8. Scott Alexander

Scott Alexander Chieftain

Kaelyn? :eek::eek:

Everything worked okay for me. Kind of over-simple, but only for brief periods as opposed to Momus which keeps going forever. Keelyn is just about how I always imagined her, and the story text is great :)

Possible bug: The explanations telling me about a certain type of animal activated every time I captured the animal, not just the first time.

9. Kolath

Kolath Eternal Lurker

It is a nice simple scenario but the griffon spawn rate needs to be increased significantly or the AI tweaked to keep them from wandering around the ocean. I spent literally 50 turns trying to lure one into range of a hunter. The griffons kill the quick and easy feel of the otherwise fun scenario. But if you fix that it should be perfect.

10. cypher132

cypher132 Emperor

Kaelyn? Are we talking about the female version of Kael or the Balseraph leader? ;)

11. Dreylin

Dreylin Cousin Itt!

So I checked the Trophy room after completing this scenario and noticed that I had been awarded the trophy for building the Grand Menagerie as well as the one for completing the Scenario.

I would suggest that this scenario should not offer the Trophy for building the Grand Menagerie, as it's basically a Tutorial which is entirely focused on that goal, and thus devalues the award.

12. phnx0221

phnx0221 Chieftain

That's a great idea. I've just started playing with hunters/animal tracking/etc., just to play around with capturing animals and seeing what I can use them for. It kind of sucks that the trophy for that will be used on a tutorial. Not a big deal or anything, it's fun to play, but I'd say I agree with you on that.

13. Demus

Demus King

i'd recommend placing some additional peaks in the jungle bit, and have a griffin spawn both in them, and in 1 of the peaks to the west. This would drastically improve your chances of finishing that part of the scenario in decent time.

14. Yashkaf

Yashkaf King of my Castle

A couple of comments:

1. The trophy room does give you the GM award, but it doesn't count as a Lanun victory. Is that intentional?

2. Besides setting up the story, is "GM" really that useful as a tutorial? I mean, hunting is pretty easy to figure out and isn't a big part of the game usually. A small text box explaining how hunting and "Subdue Animal" work will get the point over. A new player will think that hunting is one of basics of the game and expect the next scenario to be a kind of tutorial as well, only to get a tutorial on madness in Momus. An experienced player will just spend 40 minutes looking for a griffon and get annoyed.

15. Love

Love Deity

i think its intentional because think how easy you will win an amurite victory... However you get ****** high highscore for winning early :D

16. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

I enjoyed it much but that griffon was a bit hard to get.

17. Verdian

Verdian King

I found this scenario to be a bit boring. =/ I ran around with my hunters and captured the animals, but it was all one sided. Not a whole lot happened. As for specific problems:

- Every time I caught a lion, the pop-up that they live in deserts appeared.
    - The intro was third person and the ending was first person, which seemed a bit off.
    - Please increase the griffon spawn rate. It took me waaaaay to long to capture that griffon. This is probably why I was bored.
    - From a lore perspective, do those cities belong on Aegen Isle? Maybe Innsmouth could be, as they love their islands, but the Balseraph capital? (I will probably have this problem with a few of the scenarios. :lol: )

18. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

I don't think that it was on the Aifon Isle. I thought it was in the Aegan Isles.

19. YonatanBlum

YonatanBlum Warlord

Still unable to finish this scenario; after getting all animals no further instructions are given. :sad: Does anyone know why this happens to a few people? Maybe a script doesn't run, maybe something to do with Vista...

20. tiberion02

tiberion02 Chieftain

I'm having that issue on XP and not vista so its not that....

The scenarios not triggering events seems to happen on multiple scenarios.

Attaching a save with 4 caged animals and bear sitting in capital. Curious as to other people's luck when caging the bear and hitting end of turn. Does the scenario move on to the next step, or just sit there?

Attached Files: