Grandpa Troll relives Hannibal leading Carthage to supremacy

I have just reinstalled Civilization II Test of Time.

I have decided to try writing a story along the general turn play.

Please share your feedback and we hope this leads to some sort of entertaining experience.

It was dark everywhere I squinted. No shapes or landmarks could be found. The smell was that of early morning dew on a flowery field. I heard a distinct plea from the darkness and headed out to see what I could find.

The excitement flowed through my every member, and soon came upon another human. I did not know what to say, could this person understand my words? I extended my hand and shook this stranger’s hand. We could understand each other; he was a warrior who pledged his allegiance to me and my people. I introduced myself as Hannibal of the mighty Carthaginians. We both looked around and I advised him we would welcome his commitment to protecting our people. I asked if he saw any wild game or perhaps berry bushes with what we could eat from. He motioned toward a Glen just past a river. I saw the landscape and immediately set up our first settlement.

Our newest member of our country was introduced to the few sojourners who were gathered together. We made a plan to send out a few scouting parties and return after a short time with a report of what they have found. Our newest warrior showed us a mighty beast gathered with its own flock near a large body of water with no horizon ending as it stretched outward as far as the eye could see.

Time is often tracked by memories of many suns that have come and gone. But with each passing sky into darkness, more opportunities come to be. We soon had a second settlement and two more wandering warriors sought to serve a new people group in our Carthaginian Civilization. We have found fish along the shores of the great waterway we have discovered. We have cut many trees and now have stronger huts to live in and be protected from howling winds and pelting rains.

I have been chosen to lead our people, me alone and all the hopes and desires of a promised future rest on those decisions we choose to follow. How far shall we go with our settlements before a new enemy thwarts our attempts of freedom? I have tasked our warriors to find weapons and form a defense plan of our scouted territory. I have promoted our first warrior as second in command as chief of our military forces. We agree to train more citizens and have them learn the ways of defending against aggressors that will inevitably wage war on us. We found some very strong trees that we trim the branches of and use vines to tie sharp jagged flat rocks to and form our Phalanx defensive units. So much to do to form a strong nation, but our commitment enforces the Carthaginian way of life.

Welcome to the site, Mr Troll. It's seen better days, but the Civ2 section here is still a little more active than your other site :) Your story reminds me of a very nice old scenario featuring Carthage vs Rome.

Top Bottom