Granny Peace Brigade

Its well established that some forms of protest can be interpreted as illegal?

Now it is illegal to protest against war? Disorderly Conduct

No. Disorderly conduct is though.

Disorderly Conduct - who was inventing this?

The District Attorney of Manhattan.

She said the defendants sat in front of the recruiting station, obstructed pedestrian traffic and refused to disperse as ordered. Miller said this prevented others from going in or out of the center.

Please tell me, how could a 90 years old Grandmother prevent someone to enter an office? That´s rediclulous. And how it is possible that a police officer is able to command an old Lady to go away from a public place? Is she dangerous? Calling this a disorderly conduct is inventiv nonsense.

I won't form a defenite opinion on this yet theres too little information

Syntherio said:
Please tell me, how could a 90 years old Grandmother prevent someone to enter an office?

Actually it's pretty easy! This of course being that there would have to be doors in the first place. (which there probably are) You can either brace yourself against the end of the door that opens up and use your age as a "brace" as no one wants to shove a 90 year old grandma. Or if it's a double door, you could put your arm through the door handles. This would be especially effective for a 90 year old as a lot of people do not want to break peoples arms just to get outside, let alone a 90 year old arm. Or if there are a lot of grandma's, they can simply just sit in a strategic place where it would be almost impossible to climb over them. This would especially be effective if the grandmas were sitting in a line on top of some stairs and if you tried to climb over them, they would just huddle up close to prevent any attempts. And you exactly can't yell at a 90 year old grandma "GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY, *****!" and give them the bumrush. People usually don't want to be the one responsible if a grandma breaks a hip while you're trying to clear them out of the way.

It's a wonder they weren't just put under the terrorist umbrella like everyone else the government dislikes. You must admit that things like this do relate to the germany 1930 thread. While we are a long way from death camps and a blitzkreig it could be said we are at the top of a rather slippery slope. Only time will tell.

Top Bottom