Granting Cities Independence (Not Colonies)

So I'm wondering if there's a way to grant cities independence which are on my own continent.
I don't want to transfer ownership to another AI, but create a new Civ out of the liberated cities.
I'm looking into this because I don't want to enpower other AIs by giving them free cities.
I'd gift the unwanted cities to far away Civs (i.e. small new world civs) but I fear they may relinquish control of the city back to the original owner.
Any way around this?
Thanks. :D

When you capture an enemy city then it may revolt so you're given some options:
one of them, lets you grant independence to the city,forming a new civ and taking control of it.
So you can't just create independent civs and keep control of your old civ, I think.

There is a check in the DLL that prevents you from splitting off cities on the same continent as your capital. If you could disable that, you could probably do what you are asking for, but you would need to be able to do DLL editing.

There is a check in the DLL that prevents you from splitting off cities on the same continent as your capital. If you could disable that, you could probably do what you are asking for, but you would need to be able to do DLL editing.
A tricky solution could be to move your capital off-continent --> liberate those cities --> move capital back :)
Dunno if it would work perfectly but probably the easiest solution.

A tricky solution could be to move your capital off-continent --> liberate those cities --> move capital back :)
Dunno if it would work perfectly but probably the easiest solution.
That makes sense. I'm playing mid-late game at the moment so I've plenty of cash to rush a capitol.
I'll see if it works. But don't certain liberated 'colonies' go to the nearest civ on the landmass?

That is also a DLL mod, and so the DLL changes made by that mod would have to be incorporated into AND's source files, and those files are already modified in tons of ways. I think that would be a very difficult challenge.

DLL modding is something I would really like to learn, but I think is too much of a monster to tackle at this time.

I understand. :D
I'll find some other way of dealing with the unwanted cities, maybe razing them completely, or so much that it'll be more of a burden than asset.
:)

Top Bottom