1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

graphical problem with BTS

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by boneys26, Jan 25, 2008.

1. boneys26

boneys26 BTS Play session tester

I have graphical problems on both laptop and pc while trying to play BTS, could do with some help fixing it,

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CIV4/WL/BTS pc has bts v3.13 (personal games) laptop BTS v3.13 (personal games/mod testing for dale)

The problem I have is under all the text in the game I have what looks like broken lines even on the main menu any buttons within the game also has a box around it and little lines here there and everywhere (ingame) I have done nothing to the system settings for weeks and I have no problems with anyother game, as is I can not play or test MODS as I won't know whats a game error, please help!!! I was at it all day yesturday but the problem just won't go away. . ..

system specs:

PC
    P4 3.4GHz (HT disabled)
    ATI Radeon 9600pro 256mb graphics
    2GB DDR ram
    SB audigy 7.1

Laptop
    Amd Turion 64x2 mobile technology TL-52
    GeForce go 7300 512mb Graphics
    2GB DDR2 ram
    onboard sound ??? (lol)
    Both windows XP Home SP2 fully Updated + latest Drivers

thanks guys

2. GVBN

GVBN Emperor

A screenshot would be helpful

Are you using anti-aliasing? You could also try to open CivilizationIV.ini and changing GUIManagedTextures=0 to 1

3. boneys26

I've not done anything to the systems set ups and the game ran fine on tuesday. I can rule out Virus and spyware both scans came back clean. I will take a look at the graphics settings today and reinstall drivers for them both but as I said both setups are the same as before and the lines have come from nowhere.

Attached Files:

4. GVBN

GVBN Emperor

It certainly looks like you're using anti-aliasing. Open your Catalyst control panel (right-click on desktop > properties > settings > advanced) and turn it off

5. boneys26

Fixed it, My anti-aliasing has always been on but 2 other options have been changed, Adaptive anti-aliasing was turned off and alternate pixel center was turned on, switching them back has fixed the problem. thanks for your help buddy :D