Graphical Strangeness

I've created this thread to respond to a request for assistance originally posted in the Bug Thread:

its been about a month since i played ffh. i was hankering for a game today, loaded up patch i and started a play now game. game was fine. went to worldbuilder. game crashed.

next, i tried loading a game, and it crashed. that was prob cuz the game was incompatible with i and i forgot.

lastly, i tried play now again. set the map to duel. and got into the game. immediately it started bugging out. the rotating circles around the highlighted unit was skipping. the outline of what your seeing on the mini map in the lower right was flipping back and forth between a horizontal triangle and verticle. and the layers of the map itself started blinking out. units. terrain. then black. and game crashed. what's going on? did i just find the FFH version of the twilight zone?
If you post a save from a game where this is happening I can try loading it to see if I experience the same graphical strangeness.

I suspect that I won't, however, and that you'll end up needing to reinstall FfH2 to fix this situation. If you prefer you could just do that now. Delete your "Fall from Heaven 2" folder (in the BtS Mods folder), delete the game installer and patcher that you have now, redownload the mod and patch, reinstall the mod and then patch.

The other possibility would be that it is video driver related. If you've changed video cards, installed drivers, or updated directx since the last time you played then maybe that's the source of the problem. You could look for a newer version of the drivers, or roll back to the version you were using before.

Top Bottom