GRAPHICS: ancient Greek-Roman user interface

BeBro

King of the Krauts
New Location on CFC: Bebro Mod - 580k

UPDATE: Ancient User Interface v1.0

August 11th 2002,

Download:

http://www.civ3.gamigo.de/bebromods/gui_v1.zip, size ca. 580kb

This is the first "alpha" release of this mod. I edited out all older attachements and preview screens in the other posts in this thread.

New screenshots:

http://www.civ3.gamigo.de/bebromods/civ3gui_v1diplo.jpg

http://www.civ3.gamigo.de/bebromods/civ3gui_v1misc.jpg

Readme file (also included as RTF file in English and German within the zip file)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This graphic mod changes the look of the Civ3 user interface to a more "ancient" style. Since they only change graphics, they should work with all Civ3 versions.

Feel free to use this mod for any purpose. However, if this mod is included in another modpack, or published on the web, please include me as the author - that´s all I´ll ask for.

Installation

After unzipping, all files have to be copied into various subfolders of your Civ3 installation. However, before you do this, make sure you have backups of the orignal graphic files, otherwise you cannot return to the original Civ3 style without a complete new installation of the game. Once you made backups of those files, you can install the downloaded files from my modpack.

Here´s a list of all files:

BACKUP the files...

box left color.pcx
box left alpha.pcx
box right color.pcx
box right alpha.pcx
GlobalWarming.pcx

...which are in the folder Civ3/Art/Interface/, then copy the new/unzipped files with the same names into this folder

consider.pcx
counter.pcx
talkoffer.pcx
uparrow.pcx
downarrow.pcx

...which are in the folder Civ3/Art/Diplomacy/ - then copy the new/unzipped files with the same names into this folder

background.pcx
BottomFadeBar.pcx
BottomFadeBarAlpha.pcx
ProButton.pcx
TopFadeBar.pcx
TopFadeBarAlpha.pcx

...which are in the folder Civ3/Art/City Screen/ - then copy the new/unzipped files with the same names into this folder

buttonsFINAL.pcx
TileInfo.pcx
scroll.pcx

...which are in the folder Civ3/Art/ - then copy the new/unzipped files with the same names into this folder

Now you can start Civ3 and play with the new graphics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: sometimes there appears a small graphic bug I´m not able to fix in the new city screen - nothing serious, and without any negative effects on the game. However, if you don´t like this, copy the original files back into Civ3/Art/City Screen/ (use your backups)

Second file - new art for negotiations

Installation:

BACKUP the files...

consider.pcx
counter.pcx
talkoffer.pcx

...which are in the folder Civ3/Art/Diplomacy/

UNZIP the attached file "diplo_gfx.zip" into the folder Civ3/Art/Diplomacy/ - done.

Third file - new art for scroll bars, terrain info box etc.

Installation:

BACKUP the files...

TileInfo.pcx
scroll.pcx

...which are in the folder Civ3/Art/

UNZIP the attached file "TileInfo.zip" into the folder Civ3/Art/ - done.

I see those files as "beta" files, they worked without problems on my machine, but I plan to implement more changes in the future. Hope you´ll like them :)

Well, the contents of the second file are already displayed on the shot in the first post - these are the changed backgrounds graphics for the leader pic, for the lists of alliances, maps, techs cities etc. on the left and right, and the changed "we offer..." display in the centre.

I'm downloading these in a flash. They are defintely what is needed to spice up those boring old screens. Thanks so much for your hard work! :). Now if someone can just make some sensible advisor heads rather than racy women....

BeBro, I just installed these and ran the game. They look so much better than the ones that came with the game. You did terrific work, imho. This is what Civ3 shouldv'e shipped with- would have made it more fancier. Thank you for your hard work.

Sounds like you've got yourself a fan for life there :) They do look preety good and may give them a whirl myself... just want to see it in comparision to the standard

Thanks for the comments :)

More changes will definately follow, a good next project would a better city screen, but there are many elements to change, so it will need a bit time...;)

These are awesome. Thanks a lot.

Please note: the changed icons you can see in the pic (shields, money) are currently not included, because I want to change the rest of the icons too before I release these gfx. For now its only the city screen itself...;)

Installation:

BACKUP the files...

background.pcx
BottomFadeBar.pcx
BottomFadeBarAlpha.pcx
ProButton.pcx
TopFadeBar.pcx
TopFadeBarAlpha.pcx

...which are in the folder Civ3/Art/City Screen/

UNZIP the attached file "background.zip" into the folder Civ3/Art/City Screen/ - done.

great job :goodjob:. One tip though: Extend the fancy borders (pillars) out a bit so they don't cover/conflict with the little beakers/gold/etc in the diplo screen and the X's all over ;). Just some constructive criticism.

Originally posted by Exsanguination
great job :goodjob:. One tip though: Extend the fancy borders (pillars) out a bit so they don't cover/conflict with the little beakers/gold/etc in the diplo screen and the X's all over ;). Just some constructive criticism.

Well, yes, some gfx need to be optimized.

Such thing will be fixed in a future version... :)

They are all looking great. I like changes of pace, and these are definitely that.

Keep up the good work.

This is just what I was looking for. I would like to use these for the new version of my Roman scenario.

BTW BeBro, have you given any thought to updating your Imperium Romanum scenario for Civ3? That is still one of my favorite scenarios, (especially when I have to use my laptop), but I don't know how you could duplicate it without the events files. It would be cool, though.

I´m glad you like Imperium Romanum :) However, currently Í don´t see the chance to do similar things in civ3, I hope PTW gives more power to the creators...

Top Bottom