GRAPHICS: Benito Mussolini Animated Leaderhead

ccm01

Chieftain
Benito Mussolini Animated Leaderhead v 1.0

Made By: ccm01

Description:
This modification replaces Caesar with Benito Mussolini as the leader of Rome. Only the PCX and FLC files have been changed. If you desire to use this modification, you will have to edit the civ3mod.bic yourself to change the Roman leader's name to Benito Mussolini. The facial expression changes are very subtle, but are accurate reflections of the leader's mood. I also opted to not make modifications to the images to represent the four different time periods in the game (this will come later if I become more motivated).

Installation:
Please back up your files before using this. If you blow up your machine after installing this, don't blame me (as you were advised to back up your files). To use, simply extract and copy the contents of the archived folders into the corresponding folders in the Civilization III\Art directory (i.e. Mussolini\Advisors\CE_all.pcx to ...\Civilization III\Art\Advisors) and say "Yes" to overwrite the existing files.

You can, as usual, get it here:

URL removed by PH76 as it was a dead link.

Hope you enjoy.

ccm01

ccm,

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like you're using the same FLC for all 4 ages of each of your leader heads.

In this situation you really only need to distribute one forward FLC and one backward FLC, and users can set all the FLCs for each age to point to the same pair of files. That way you don't need to distribute four copies of the same two flics.

Dan

Dan,

You are absolutely right. I am using the same animations for all four of the historical periods. The only reason I distribute all eight animations as the same renamed file is to simplify the end user's experience. I believe having the user change the leader's name is simple and intuitive in the editor. Beyond that, I do not want to have the user do too much work to use these graphics.

I guess you could say that I am sacrificing file size (and website bandwith) for simplicity and minimal effort for the end user.

Thanks for the interest in my projects...

ccm01

Hey,

I just wanted to say "thanks" for your great work! Your art is outstanding, and being harrassed by Hitler and Stalin (but knowing ol' Wisnton and FDR got my backup) has really added to the game experience (I mean, who is really menaced by Cathrine the Great?). I truly do appreciate the care you put into both making them look good, but also fitting them into the feel of the game. Keep it up!

Cheers,

Mike

I have seen others experiencing the same problem. All I get from your link is baseball. How do I get to your leaderhead files. I think you are doing fantastic work and would like to use some, or all, of your leaderheads, I just cannot get past the baseball page. Please post a solution or E-mail me @ FAL@mmcable.com.

Thanks, and keep up the beautiful work.

Like others who want to use your leaderheads have said, I can't get past the baseball stuff. Where's the link? :)

Also - this is a dumb question, I know - do you use the Civ3Edit to load the leaderheads?

Does he say "I do this for the greater glory of a Fascist Italy!" and then cross his arms, stick his lower lip out and nod with satisfaction as the crowd cheers?

I will look into your now famous leaderhead mods more, but any directions to step by step installation for idiots like me would be appreciated :D

It is included in the upcoming CCM mod as leader for era 3 of Rome/Italy. I hope the betatestversion of this mod can be released this month.

A seven year bump?!!? That has to be a new record! :eek::crazyeye::mad::rolleyes:

I thought that you were naming them only "Leader."

And wouldn't Taizong make a better emperor than the foreign Kang Xi?

I thought that you were naming them only "Leader."?

It´s a link to an old screenshot of CCM before the ruler names were streamlined.

And CCM contains another not so well known LH of De Gaulle done by ccm01 and the Washington, the Napoleon and the Stalin LH created by ccm01.

A seven year bump?!!? That has to be a new record! :eek::crazyeye::mad::rolleyes:

If the graphics are not longer available, the bump in my eyes is more as justified.

Top Bottom