1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics glitch--deep sea uranium deposit? (green spots on water)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by Valdyr, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Valdyr

Valdyr Chieftain

I built a mine on a uranium deposit in my empire, and now an ocean space 4-5 tiles away has an enchanting green glow beneath the waters. Since I didn't see anything in the tech tree about seafloor mining, I'm assuming this is a bug. :lol:

Spoiler :

Fields of green... wait, wrong strategy game. ;) The glow pulses and twinkles just like the uranium resource on land. So far this bug has survived exiting the game and reloading the save, so I attached the savegame to see if you guys can see it too.

Patch version: 1.0.0.20.

Edit: if you can't see it in the screenshot, it's near the center of the pic, directly down from the prow of the rightmost embarked transport unit, it's a pretty obvious green glow.

2. Valdyr

Valdyr Chieftain

Nobody wants to confirm? It's a really minor bug, true, but I'm kind of curious if anyone knows how it happened.

3. CopterGuy

CopterGuy Chieftain

I loaded up Valdyr's save and can confirm that I see the glowing green dot in the same position. I also recall seeing this same glitch in a game I recently played, but I don't see it when I load the save (probably because the save isn't teched high enough to see the resource on the map).

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I also confirm seeing the graphic artifact. I'm patched to 1.0.0.20. Will move this thread to the Confirmed bugs forum.

Reminder: If you confirm a bug or other anomaly from a save file posted by someone else, please use the Report button to alert the moderators. Thanks.

Moderator Action: Moved to Confirmed Bugs forum.