[LP] Graphics Issue

shaglio

The Prince of Dorkness
After downloading the Great Builders DLC last night, I played an entire game with Theodora and started a new game with Ludwig, and everything was fine. But tonight I loaded up my Ludwig game and I got this (I use the Civ 5 Environment Skin, if that matters):
Spoiler Graphics Issue :
1679015497585.png

Has anyone else experienced this?

I hope it gets resolved too. What had me perplexed is that it was working perfectly fine Wednesday night after the DLC downloaded. So something happened between the time I saved my game at 10:00pm EDT on Wednesday and the time I loaded my saved game at 8:30pm EDT on Thursday. Who knows, maybe I'll load up my saved game tonight and it'll magically be all better [fingers crossed].

I had a major graphic bug on my first game after downloading the latest pack. Graphical lines splintering out all over the screen. I checked Nvidia drivers and there was one on 3/14/22 but I did not download it. Steam then did some sort of update and restarted. My next Civ 6 game started fine.

The game is flat out unplayable for me now. When starting it, there's just no menu. Just a blank blue area where the menu should be, so I can't even start a game.

I don't have these constant issues with any of my other games. I think I'm done with Firaxis forever, and Civ 6. It's the only game that cannot cope with sizing things right on the new gaming laptop I got, no matter what I do in the Nvidia control panel. It's a damned basket case. There's gotta be better stuff out there.

Last edited:
It’s been a while since I made this thread, so I forgot to give an update. I finished my game as Ludwig and started a new one as Sejong. Lo and behold the graphics are perfectly fine, so I’m guessing my graphics issue is specifically related to playing Ludwig. I am not even remotely a modder, so I have no idea what there is about his code that would cause things to go all wonky.

I suppose I should do some further experimentation: start another game as Ludwig to see if it happens again, start a game as Frederick to see if it’s Germany itself (although I don’t recall having this problem previously), etc.

UPDATE EDIT: I just started another game as Ludwig with the Civ 5 Environment Skin mod enabled and everything looked fine. 🤷

Last edited:
Top Bottom