• Made it compatible with We The People v4.0.x and PTSD v2.x
  • Used some of the terrain textures uploaded by Orlanth
    Civ4ScreenShot0192.JPG
v. 1.5
  • Savannah is less like cottoncandy
  • Grass is greener, as in lighter and juicier
  • Shores are brighter and thinner
v.1.4
  • Grass is a little greener to make it more noticeable compared to the Savannah
  • Marshes are almost something I would swim in.
  • Population numbers on city billboards are a little clearer
v. 1.3
  • Am I really the only one that cannot take the prairies of my land looking like a spewed out German flag? It now looks like a spewed out Swedish flag.
  • Deserts are a bit less salty white.
  • Hills are no longer brown.
  • Removed the brown waves until I have finished all of that.
  • Tundra is less brown.
City.JPG

v. 1.2

• Made it compatible with PTSD 1.2
  • Continued my war on all things brown except the large rivers, which has a bit of brown swirling around
  • Changed river fords
v. 1.1 Fix:
  • Moved the right files over here
  • Fixed bug in a file that wasn't even here which was causing the education icon to act in an intrusive, unlearned manner
Modified from the We The People mod and all Credits go to the original authors, which I believe is Ekmek and Schmiddie. Let me know if it is not the case.

I am sorry for my unprofessional mixing of 2D and 3D, but it looks good to me on my computer, and I thought someone else might prefer it. Works for We The People and Pilgrim Trauma, Stress and Disorder, but is a little wonky if you try it with a different mod or vanilla.

Also threw in a Europe border optional file, which also would work if you are only interested in some color changes and not the other stuff.
View attachment 587834View attachment 587835
UI.JPG
Serpent.png

Attachments

• PTSD_ART v.1.5.7z
    28.1 MB · Views: 79
  • EuColorBorders.zip
    3 KB · Views: 62
  • PTSD_ART v.2.1.7z
    28.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I prefer the colour choices that you created here. I am getting a slight hesitation when jumping to the next units turn? Never had that before. I do have a high end ROG gaming laptop, Nvidia 2060 graphics card.

I prefer the colour choices that you created here. I am getting a slight hesitation when jumping to the next units turn? Never had that before. I do have a high end ROG gaming laptop, Nvidia 2060 graphics card.
Hmmm... I may not have compiled it using the 'final release' option. It takes longer to do, and I often forget about it; but it is also possible that one of may changes slows the game down. I can't play on anything larger than 'large' maps on my computer.

Are you saying that the art files specifically slowed your computer down? Maybe it's the jungle? Thank you for letting me know.

I may not have compiled it using the 'final release' option.
That is the only DLL you should ever offer as download for players. :thumbsup:
(All other DLL options are much slower.)

Are you saying that the art files specifically slowed your computer down?
If your changes are all only done to 2D stuff (e.g. terrain textures or buttons or city background) that is almost impossible.
(The effect of resolutions or whatever in simple 2D graphics is maybe 0.1%.)

Anything you do to 3D stuff is a different story though (e.g. Units, Terrain Features, Bonus Ressources, ...)
(Because the graphics are massively rendered in graphics engine - they may impact performance noticably but also just a few percent.)
  • Adding new 3D graphics (or messing them up) may increase loading times and also turn times.
  • Changing colours of 2D graphics should not impact loading times or turn times at all.
Summary:
Turn time issues are almost always related to DLL logic - graphics being the cause is very unlikely.
(In most cases it is the AI logic that has some problem somewhere.)

Last edited:
That is the only DLL you should ever offer as download for players. :thumbsup:
(All other DLL options are much slower.)

If your changes are all only done to 2D stuff (e.g. terrain textures or buttons or city background) that is almost impossible.
(The effect of resolutions or whatever in simple 2D graphics is maybe 0.1%.)

Anything you do to 3D stuff is a different story though (e.g. Units, Terrain Features, Bonus Ressources, ...)
(Because the graphics are massively rendered in graphics engine - they may impact performance noticably.)
I thought I read something somewhere (I think you may have written it) about too much alpha having a negative impact, so I was worried about it when I smeared together my jungle; but I didn't notice any difference myself, so I thought I was ok.

I guess I will make a final release version with some of my newer changes and see if that makes a difference.

I guess I will make a final release version with some of my newer changes and see if that makes a difference.
DLL logic is much more likely to cause performance impact than 2D graphics. :thumbsup:
Really high res 3D graphics with animations may impact performance but also just a few % normally.

Considering performance CPU (game logic) is much more critical for Civ4Col than GPU (graphics).
Thus the DLL you compile can make a big difference and recolouring of 2D graphics most likely does not impact performance noticably.
  • Civ4Col can run only one one CPU core, thus may be slow if logic (e.g. AI) is not well written or DLL is not optimized (Final Release).
  • Modern graphic cards can handle easily all graphics Civ4Col could throw at them. (Just compare it to modern games.)

Last edited:
I have WTP 3 installed and there are no issues. With this mod added in I get the hesitation during turns. When jumping from one unit to the next unit, there is a freezing before the screen moves. I have also noticed that if I use World builder it takes a long time to load. I'm also playing on gigantic and huge maps

I have WTP 3 installed and there are no issues. With this mod added in I get the hesitation during turns. When jumping from one unit to the next unit, there is a freezing before the screen moves. I have also noticed that if I use World builder it takes a long time to load. I'm also playing on gigantic and huge maps
Alright, I changed some things here and there. Let me know if it helped

It seems okay now, no delays. Awesome stuff
So wait a second here... Did you just replace this art file in this thread and it worked? Or did you also download the PTSD v. 1.4 file in the other thread? It is still showing 0 views on my end. I would be utterly perplexed if it was the art file that was the one messed up, since I hardly changed anything other than some colors; and ended up having to remove some other stuff from the previous version, like my storms, because they lowered the file size limit.

Top Bottom