Grasping at Straws

Patine

Deity
This is basically an OT question, and if McMonkey or Curtsibling feel they must be dutiful and move this thread, I suppose I'll, but, frankly, the OT forum looks much like the clientele of the Mos Eisley Cantina these days. End disclaimer.

Does anyone here speak, and especially, read and write Estonian? I know there are a few multilingual people who frequent this forum, I'm just not fully aware of their repotoir. I'm doing some research for a project (not a Civ2 one, but one of interest nonetheless) about pre-WW1 Serbia. I found a great document that translated from Serbian quite well, except, inexplicably, several important are written in Estonian. Strangely, when I went to the online Estonian-English translation engines I could find, they reported "translating" the words, but, oddly kept the English translation in the Estonian script, which is useless to me! And, unlike with some other languages some of them offer, there's no Romanze button to translate the script.

As the thread title states, I'm grasping at straws, but if anyone can help, but I'd be most appreciative.

Perhaps send a shout out in OT for any Estonian speakers to PM you? Our traffic here in SL is far less, so a lower chance of help...

I know the feeling how frustrating it is to hit a blank with data on google, and feeling like the mighty web has reached the barrier...!

Recently, I was trying to get the medals and promotion system in Red Baron 3D to work, but no-where online was there a hint of what to do.

All I had was a 32-bit campaign editing utility, but it cannot work on Win7...No advice or help in google! A dead loss...! :(

Thanks for the response Curt. Fortunately, in the nonce, I had found an indirect way of deciphering that script (mostly by comparing to other areas and documents based on context). But I know that dead-end effect well. The Internet is indeed a font of great knowledge, but not ALL knowledge!

Top Bottom