great admiral spawned in a tiny lake

johnny_rico

one more turn addict
so I generated enough great admiral points to get my first in my first game and he spawns in a four tile lake. Is there any way to get this guy to the open sea. what a drag...

Isn't air-lifting still a thing? (Haven't done it myself; thought I saw it mentioned.) So you could wait a really long time, then move him somewhere useful.

Isn't air-lifting still a thing? (Haven't done it myself; thought I saw it mentioned.) So you could wait a really long time, then move him somewhere useful.
air lifting might be a thing but i've just hit industrialization and its my first game. even if i could airlift the unit, it would be nice to know why the game was lame enough to spawn a great admiral in a useless location.

I remember doing this with a great general buy there is an icon where the "skip turn" or "fortify" icons are that says "change city". I think you can move it to another eligible city.

EDIT: now that i look at it krikkitTwo said this first :)

He can transfer from one harbor/coastal city to another, do you have a harbor/city center adj to that lake?
the city is one hex away from the lake. the city's harbor is on the lake. the great admiral resides on the hex with he harbor. the transfer to another city is essentially 'greyed out'. if i select transfer to another city, nothing happens.

Do you have another coastal city or inland city with a harbor? If you have none, the city transfer won't work with a Great Admiral.

the city is one hex away from the lake. the city's harbor is on the lake. the great admiral resides on the hex with he harbor. the transfer to another city is essentially 'greyed out'. if i select transfer to another city, nothing happens.

Yeah, I think it's a bug.
I noticed that I could only transfer great admirals if the city with the harbor was situated on the coast. If the city was an inland city, the button was greyed out.
Hopefully it will be patched soon enough :)

Lord Azazel, thanks for confirming. I do have coastal cities with harbors in the game and the city transfer button is greyed out.

browd, thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate forum. it's where i was going to start this thread but wasn't certain it belonged there.

I suppose I'll always the memory of my first great admiral relegated to presiding over a mighty four tiles. Perhaps i should retire him and turn him into an ironclad with one promotion...and then put the unit to sleep. despite maintenance costs, i'm not certain i have the heart to delete the unit.

You probably get a fair amount of gold for the ironclad... Or you can certainly keep that lake locked down. lol

Top Bottom