Great Admiral Spawned in Ice or land locked

Vindic

Chieftain
Hello,

I was playing a game and selected the Commerce social policy Naval Tradition that gives you the Great Admiral. After selecting it my Great Admiral spawn in Ice. He was unable to move from there. I did have coast to the south. I was playing version 1.0.1.674 and on the tilted axis map.

Not sure what else is needed.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Great Admiral Bug.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
I think the problem is that the Admiral will spawn on your nearest non-land tile. This might happen when you buy one with Faith (via Autocracy) as well (which you can do in non-coastal cities), or if you have a lake, it might end up on that.

I finally got my Great Admiral to assist me in launching a naval invasion - but he spawned in a small area of the ocean that is completely locked by land & ice.

Is there any way to get him out of this completely useless area and into the ocean? And when (if) I spawn another, it will probably spawn in the same spot.

Same thing happened to me in my first game of G&K. Admirals should be able to transition to land just like a Great General. As long as their bonuses only apply to naval units I don't see why this would be a good fix.

Top Bottom