[GS] Great Bath video

I'm curious whether its worthy to wait for an early flood which increases your growth/production yields of floodplains (which are now all grassland/plain/desert tiles next to a river, right?) or build the Great Bath rightaway.

Seeking clarification on what "city tiles" really means, and if it only applies to one city or all.

I would imagine one city, all cities would be incredibly powerful. I suppose this is like a Dam replacement in a way.

I think the flood happens so you get faith still, I just think your improvements and districts are immune to damage. And I'm betting it's just the city where built

That's how I interpret it, but it is not clear. We know it comes at Pottery, so it's like an early, overpowered Dam (that doesn't have a way to make Power lategame).

It's so early I can't see myself building it. Seems kind of cool though. I just don't see it being available at King and above. Some of that is my playstyle in that I ignore early wonders. I like Temple of Atemis, but I almost never build it.

It's so early I can't see myself building it. Seems kind of cool though. I just don't see it being available at King and above. Some of that is my playstyle in that I ignore early wonders. I like Temple of Atemis, but I almost never build it.

I also tend to ignore early wonders in order to focus on growing. I occasionally build ones that the AI neglected, later on when the production cost is proportionally lower.

I have a lingering suspicion that it might be comparable to or insignificantly more expensive than actual dams. If so, then a round of applause to the dam district for joining the “districts you never build” club.

Does it add faith every time there is a flood or just once? If it's every time that could be OP if you set the disaster rate to higher levels.

Does it add faith every time there is a flood or just once? If it's every time that could be OP if you set the disaster rate to higher levels.

Floods don't seem to affect every tile in a floodplain, so it probably adds it once to the tiles affected, including more tiles if they become affected by later floods.

I have a lingering suspicion that it might be comparable to or insignificantly more expensive than actual dams. If so, then a round of applause to the dam district for joining the “districts you never build” club.

There's only 1 Great Bath, and many more than 1 river in a game that you want to protect from flood.

Top Bottom