[GS] great bath

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by KaptainK714, Sep 1, 2020.

1. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Warlord

never came across this before. i have a river that long and has flood plains at ocean delta. but also near the beginning of river there is flood plain. Does Great Bath work for both, just one or all tiles downstream.

sorry about the tigers

upload_2020-9-1_15-17-53.png

Uberfrog likes this.
  2. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

IIRC the Great Bath will sometime affect all the floodplain tiles in the city it is built, regardless of different rivers - as long as they are considered as one "group" of floodplains by the game.

Since the two different groups of floodplains don't touch each other, I assume only the downstream floodplains will be affected.

3. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

Hover over the tiles on the two different flood plains sections, and check if the river is different.
    Sometimes the map pulls tricks on you.

That said, the tiles need to be owned by the city with the Bath to get the faith bonus.

AntSou and 8housesofelixir like this.
  4. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Warlord

thanks for confirming my what i feared. ill see how which section cover more tiles

5. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Pretty sure that the Great Bath and Dams only affect the city in which they are built, regardless of whether there are multiple rivers. Another city on the same river is not protected.

It also doesn't matter where they are on the river... a Dam at the mouth of the river will still protect upstream tiles as long as they are controlled by the owning city.

6. JesseS

JesseS Warlord

This is definitely not true with dams...I’ve had spaceports disabled by a flood from a river that wasn’t dammed, when a different floodable river in that same city was dammed. And if a river is dammed, that river won’t flood regardless of cities, upstream vs downstream, etc.

reddishrecue and Zaarin like this.
  7. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

That would be good if true, but that hasn't been my experience. Though it's possible I could be conflating dams with the Bath and Liang's ability.

8. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

No, it doesn't work like that. All floodplains adjacent to each other belong to the same cluster and this cluster floods.
    You can see the scope of the cluster in the flood animation when it first spills.
    You can build one dam per cluster and it protects that cluster. That's it.
    A city can have more than one cluster, so yes, a city can build 2+ dams.
    The only thing that messes this up is the dam requirement that two hexes belong to the same river, which is acompletely unneccessary restriction, instead of just having the "one dam per cluster" rule regardless of hex sides or river names.

9. Koljar

Koljar Chieftain

In my most recent game I built the great bath. It protected the river it was built on from floods (or the damage of them) and gave +1 faith to each flood plain besides a river that got flooded. Two other rivers (all connected with flood plains) flooded, damaged their adjacent tiles and also got +1 faith.

10. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

If you can only see the "cluster" when it's actually flooding, that's not very useful in terms of planning where to build things.

Banazir864 likes this.
  11. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

It is indeed not. Just as it's not useful we can't possibly know for sure before researching Butress. ;)

12. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Most shocking post on this forum ever.

13. AntSou

AntSou Deity

You can see floodable tiles with the settler lens. Am I misunderstanding this?

pokiehl likes this.
  14. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

You can see floodable tiles just by looking at the map. We're talking about which groups of floodable tiles flood together when there's more than one river.

15. AntSou

AntSou Deity

I see. I have never had this issue happening to me.

In any case you should be able to mouse over a tile and it will tell you which river it's connected to. You don't need to wait for a flood.

16. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

When you click on a settler and you hover over to a river you'll see if it floods like all rivers do.

17. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Floodplains tiles always flood; others never do. You don't need Settler lens to tell that. That's not what we're talking about.

18. Koljar

Koljar Chieftain

I usually don't play diety so that might be why ;)

tedhebert and ShimmerGloom like this.