1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Beer Hall

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Sep 9, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Great Beer Hall or the thread for betting beers and over beers. We store bets/speculations/predictions here and once the game finish or the bet can be decided other way, everyone pays his duties in frothy amber God-sent liquid :)

Nullifications are not allowed (if one owes 10 beers and the other owes him 10 beers it means each will buy 10 beers to the other instead of no one buys beers.) Beers can be transferred though by geographic regions :D

2. 2metraninja

So, bet 1:

3. 2metraninja

And Bet2:

4. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Eastern Europe is so far away, bet a plane ticket and I'll buy the beer. ;)

5. 2metraninja

:) The world today gets smaller and smaller. And this reminds me of one anecdote: A dragon, who lives far, far away, behind the sea, behind the mountains, behind the rivers and behind the forests one day awakes from his afternoon nap and says to himself: "Fuсk me, hold tight, I am living really far away"

Anyway, here is the first bet accepted!!! Tadadadummmm!!!

Bet3:

And the honorable bcool took the challenge!:

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

So, WPC has 6 Dog Soldiers and counting. What's the over / under on who they take on, and who wins the fight? Will all the teams survive to Turn 100???

Bet 4:

7. 1889

I barely rush the AI, I can only imagine how hard it would be against a human. Most likely it would turn into a stalemate and drag them down with their enemy, plus its bound to leave them vulnerable to a second front unless they have conducted some solid diplomacy. Also, have we seen many of their units near us? Its tough to plan a war without a good look at your oponent's layout. I'm not the most experienced player so thats just my 2 cents. Have a beer and don't worry about it. Hopefully not famous last words.

8. 2metraninja

Rush is easily performed even versus seasoned players. The trick is (as in almost everything super-effective in civ) to really hard push for it. In the civ forums I have learned a new English word and this is halfhearted. She fits very nice here. If you try halfhearted to rush, the rush fails for sure. If you play with the fail in the back of your head and prepare alternative variant for the consequences of failed rush, you better just skip the rush. You must prepare as there is no tomorrow. Aim for the rush real hard and it becomes true.

Once planned and decided, main factor to decide if rush is successful can be the distance.

9. 1889

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Bet you a beer I can eat more stuffing than you.

10. 2metraninja

LOL, you are brave to challenge a 105 kilos 4-days a week training one with huge appetite. I never ate an American thanksgiving stuffing actually, but I'm sure I can do well as for a debutant. :D

I take your bet and raise it to 10 beers (without 1 I can, but with only 1 I cant as the saying goes)

And yeah, happy thanksgiving to the Americans. Yesterday was the Christian family day, wish you all with the families had a nice time with the family and those of you who dont have theirs, wish you all have till the next time :)

11. 2metraninja

So, I bet 3 beers and full bowl pigs ribs, kebapche, lukanka and kiufte on grill that The Pyramids wont be built till turn 88. The prize is payable in every Plovdiv tavern.

12. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

What about those of us who don't frequently go to Plovdiv?

13. 1889

This is the perfect excuse then.

14. 2metraninja

Then it requires some more careful planning and choosing destination somewhere in the halfway. London? (3 hrs flight for me).

15. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Hell, I'm just kidding around. I'm not prepared to accept the bet in any case. Also I approve of 1889's answer.

(Incidentally, closest landfall to halfway would be St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.)

16. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Why not make all Beer Bets redeemable in Los Angeles? This seems a popular destination with the team! :p

No one accepted Bet #4, but I'm about 50% correct so far.

17. 2metraninja

Nothing on my side is excuse if someone suggests that. I am serious when it comes to drinking or/and keeping my word. :)

As for your bet Yossa, I dont want to take it as it sounds very probable to me. At least in the first part. I think that it wont go down just to eternal war. At some point some neighbors will tilt the balance.

18. 2metraninja

Okay, I said I wont mess with the issue anymore and leave it to the diplomatic corpus and will just wait to see how it turns out, but I will make a bet for 5 beers RB will laugh hard as they see we just ask 2 resources and offer in return to accept their t175 NAP extension. Completely other would have been if we asked those 2 as reparations in my humble opinion.

19. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I don't think anyone will take up that bet, 2metraninja, as noone has ever said that they expect RB to accept the deal readily (quite on the contrary, the sentiment I have read out from comments is that we don't expect them to accept it - just as noone expected them to accept any form of "reparations"). My point the entire way has been that I don't think they care whether we mention "reparations" or not (I think it would only make them laugh harder if we did - and I am pretty sure they understand that the city is why we demand those two resources anyways), which is also the sentiment you can see from others in the discussion as well. I will remember this bet you have made here and ask scooter when the game is over though, and perhaps I can regret the chance lost for 5 free beers. ;)

20. 2metraninja

Even no need to ask anyone. Once the game is over, the threads will be open and those guys DO DOCUMENT GREAT all the events in a given game. They are particularly famous for their threads which are like logs for any game they play. Try their spoiler threads for normal games if you never did, it is good read if you have time. Gives interesting perspective looking at one and the same game event from different angles. I myself had read just few pages, but I can see the potential in it.