1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Beer Hall

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

You know what... I'm takin' that bet:goodjob:, with the amendment that if we hold firm and refuse to give a NAP without them agreeing to give us the stone for the NAP that I will offer this meal to all takers to be collected in any bar in Philadelphia:

2. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Well, either they will or they won't so its 50-50 right. (editor's note, 1889 finds it hard to think straight when offered Philly Cheese Steaks).

3. Sommerswerd

What is the eqivalent in Alaska? Smoked salmon steak and...?:drool:

4. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Wanted to make a bet with 2metra the above is not true, but with newest RB message it is too late now. So just for posterity ;-)

5. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Smoked salmon or moose stew are both quite good, but I never let guests leave without trying an avocado bacon cheese burger at the local resturant.

6. Sommerswerd

I am betting 1 beer that if we request Stone in-game from RB this turn (whatever turn it is) they will give it to us.

7. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

LOL! I just (cross) posted in other thread that I bet 1 beer that they wont give us stone if we ask, so I guess that is bet accepted.

8. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

I'll bet 1 beer that after posting the next entry (8th, and newly written for team-review) there will be two weeks or less until an another team will post a story.

9. Sommerswerd

In response to that I will bet 10 beers that if you join the Domination of Barbarians game that someone will respond to your post for that game within 24 hours.

10. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

Not even remotely tempting. I don't see the point of that game to be honest. Goes at the speed of badly wounded turtle and you win by writing stories. I play games so I can get more strategic exp, not for using my time not continuous writing.

For instance I could have used some strategic tips on our pitboss. I feel I am doing extremely bad, but don't know where my prios are incorrect in thr game, but it is still fun and challenging

11. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

It is definitely not for everyone.

It will probably not help your "Pitboss game" all that much. Play a bunch of regular pitboss games and keep watching were the other players are beating you. I did that and as a student of the game, my game improved playing pitboss games than in any other way.

With that said, the game Sommerswerd mentioned is fun because you get to be as creative as you want with your characters and stories. It is also surprisingly strategic, but the strategy is on a meta-level, an interpersonal, a diplomatic level. It is still a zero-sum game where there is only one winner, the challenge is to be charismatic and creative (and for me it is quite a challenge) enough to get others who want to beat you to support you.

It does go at a slow pace (game-wise), but the stories can go at whatever pace the players want and sometimes the stories fly back and forth much faster than the game turns. It all sounded a bit scary to me when I first heard about it too. If writing things is not at all your thing and if the thought of role-playing the leader of a civilization gives you the creeps, this game is not for you, but if you are looking for a different kind of pitboss game that rewards creative thinking and diplomatic strategy, I suggest giving it a try. I'm sure it is possible (ask Sommerswerd) for someone to try it out for a bit to see if they like it, as I think there are several civs open. Just PM Sommerswerd to express interest.

12. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

With all the suspicion about motives of UCiv someone is bound to take a bet that they are actually stalling and waiting to attack us, right? Since the unit beer is ambiguous and I don't really do lagers I'll be a bit more specifc. I bet one ale that at the moment UCiv is not intentionally stalling the communications in order to attack us during the Zulu-Indian war.

13. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Aivo, I'll take that bet. I just don't have a good feeling about them.

I wasn't involved in this bet, but in going through the pictures for the turn reports, I came across this little communication that I had not remembered reading about.

Spoiler :

14. Sommerswerd

Ha!:lol: So they did turn us down it seems.

Thanks Yossa;)

15. Sommerswerd

I am betting a beer that RB is expecting us to attack when the NAP ends and will be ready for us, fully armed and ready.

16. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

If it is possible to join somebody's bet, I am with Aivo on that - I think UCiv has been honest with us

17. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I'm with Aivo and Maga too.

18. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I am almost tempted to bet a beer that noone will take up your bet, but that would be a very stupid bet to place for some reason.. :lol:

19. Sommerswerd

Because it is a zero sum bet at worst for any taker. Anyone can take the bet and be owed a beer by you, and even if they lose to me they only owe me one, but you still owe them one. ;)

20. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Good call :D - and it is even worse, whole team could ruin Cal by doing these free bets ;)