1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Beer Hall

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I just noticed right now that 2metra has 4,898 posts and I have 4,975 as of right now (4,976 when I post this :p). When 2metra first joined team AMAZON he had like 100 posts and I had around 3,000 :lol:

Anyone care to bet which of us breaks the 5,000 mark first?:D

2. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I will. :gripe: :mischief:

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Wow, that's a close race! On average, I'd say 2metra easily posts 5 times more than Sommerswerd, and he's got odds to hit 5,000 first. But all it takes is a single argument that Sommers feels passionate about, and he'll blow past 5k in one sitting. It all depends on how controversial our threads get in the next week or so.

4. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

I had over 11.000 at Apolyton :D

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

5,000 posts, you guys are so tiny and pathetic. ;)

6. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Hahahhh, yes, standing beside you, we look like short-pants boyscouts.

7. Calis

Calis on time

Yes, he's the master of SPAM ;)

8. Sommerswerd

:lol:

(Wait... Does that count as spam? :mischief:)

9. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

The thing is that it took over a year for me to have my first post. I've got most of my posts down the abyss called OT.

10. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

yes, of course it does... :mischief:

11. Calis

Calis on time

I got 90% of my posts in ISDG (C3C) and for GPS to... in the many C3C PBEMs I played. The latter is not much better than SPAM :blush:

12. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I just counted out of curiosity, and I have over 1,000 posts in C3C PBEMS! :eek: This is all from ~2 years of playing them, you must have way more than that. Just posting GPS to adds up after a while I guess.

13. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Moving to correct thread:

Sommers, I confirm that we also have a bet, though initially I only intended to bet a single ale. But for everyone else, two ales is the most I'm willing to risk on a single bet. :)

Just to be perfectly clear that we all have same understanding of the bet: My claim is that at least one player who has been in team RB roster during ISDG will join us, if team RB will be destroyed during 3-way-dogpile-RB-war, given that the war doesn't drag on so long that the game is so close to the end that joining another team is just not sensible. We can agree on a turn or other "close to end" condition if you guys feel like making the latter condition more specific. :) If RB is not destroyed during this war, or they will be destroyed near to the end of the game nobody wins the bet and we all will go home with our throats dry. Do you guys agree that this is what the bet is about?

14. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Oh, and I also assume here that we're going to politely ask RB members to join our team when they're destroyed.

15. 2metraninja

I am OK with the condition that RB must be destroyed in this particular war. However, how we define "Expiration date" for a dragged out war, I dont know. Maybe, if there is at least 1/4 of the turns of the whole game duration that the game continues after RB are destroyed?

16. 2metraninja

Well, we will repeat our normal invitation. Like the one we used to invite Spaniards after they were defeated.

17. Sommerswerd

It matters not to me how you fenegle the terms... RB players ain't joining CFC, so whatever terms make you most comfortable are fine with me, because I don't think they would join our team regardless.

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Well, it has come to my attention that RB recently received information about one of our members that I'm sure makes them more curious about what has been going on over here in our threads. I'm predicting we'll get a few members who will want to read our threads once they're eliminated, even if they don't want to actively participate on our team. Since they're getting whittled down so quickly, I'll send scooter a message soon inviting anyone on RB to come join us once they're eliminated.

19. Sommerswerd

IIRC we decided when SpAp was being elimminated that it was good form to wait until they were entirely elimminated from the game completely before we should start inviting their members to join our forum.

Otherwise it could be taken as mocking or taunting them... "Hey guys, you ready to jump off that sinking ship you got there? You're dead anyway, so you should start considering joining CFC"

20. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Hope this is the proper thread just to post that I'm glad your doing so well even though I hardly post here anymore. I'll be happy to buy a round if you win by that's illegal here so how about sparkling cider?