1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Beer Hall

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I had something like 4,200 posts when I made that joking post. Turns out I was closer than I thought: the admins turned on postcount for IOT, a forum I used to frequent. I only they had done that in July, I might have been able to beat both of you to 5,000! :crazyeye:

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Congrats on 5k Bowsling! :D

Of course at this point I get to look down my nose like "Hmmph... 5000? I passed that paltry mark ages ago!";)

3. Sommerswerd

Since it has been quiet over here for some time... and since we have a nice Beer Hall here I will post here @ 2metra that I think you owe me 2 more beers from what just happened in ACtA.

We will see when opponents finish their turn ;).

4. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Man, you scared the $hit out of me. I ran to see if there are any screenshots Cal posted to show how our armies are utterly destroyed and wiped our of Greece!!! Only to find he is complaining that he lost 66 units while we only lost 43 on our attack. Mind you, we had awful luck in this attack, it could have been easily 76 vs 33 units if we got lucky on only 10 more battles, almost all of them 65-75% range.

Wasnt your bet that we will get destroyed? Or simply that Cal will attack us with whatever he have available? I honestly dont remember what was the exact term of the bet.

5. Sommerswerd

That we will get destroyed utterly was only my worst fears, but the bet was whether or not Cal would hit us with all available units to try to kill as many of our stack as possible.

You bet that he would never dare do such a thing given our large numbers, which he could never completely destroy. I said his pride and ego would not allow him to let us retreat without attacking with everthing he had.

The bet was two beers ;)

6. Sommerswerd

And if we lost 43 units then we will have only a motley assortment of some 30 badly wounded left, from the 100+ we started out with :(

But there might be some good news:D, but I will post on WPC as that is war strategy and has nothing to do with beer betting.;)

7. 2metraninja

I think you misunderstood what Cal wrote about. He was announcing the outcome of the battle which took place last turn, where we attacked him.

I will have to check screenshots of our chat to see if I indeed was doubting he will hit us :) I knew he will hit us, but I was also suspecting he cant simply kill our units as pesky flies.

Still, I am OK with the bet :)

8. 2metraninja

Soooo, (you should see my smiling face) Sommers, I think you owe me 2 beers ;)

Cal only threw at us all his bombers and then only 3 artilleries, but seeing our big group of MGs are almost intact he simply stopped and garrisoned the city with his ~10 infantries and 2-3 tanks.

So no, he did not threw all that he had at us and we lost not a single units there :)

9. Sommerswerd

:) 2 beers it is. Now we must respond to his cowardice :p

10. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Who won this race, btw? I meant to pay attention but of course I didn't notice.

11. 2metraninja

:) It is hard to tell, must have been tight race. I did not kept attention too.

12. Sommerswerd

You could count backwards to see when we crossed the mark if you really, really, really wanted to know ;)

13. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

No, you should post more of your ACtA strategy discussion here.;)

14. Sommerswerd

Well its just as public over there as it is here, in fact its arguably more hidden over here :p

I guess the point is, everyone is on-their-honour not to read the other teams strategies... there isn't any magic that makes it any different over here ;)

15. 2metraninja

I personally totally forgot we have a player from the opposing coalition in ACTA who is our teammate here and can read what we write :)

16. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

Metra won the race.

17. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

With team RB finished and at least RB members Scooter and WilliamLP joining our team, I belive this bet is settled with 2metra and Sommers both owing me an ale. It's nice to see that I was correct in at least not the all RB members sharing a universal animosity towards CFC :)

18. scooter

scooter Prince

I swear I was not bribed by Aivoturso either. ;)