What do you think of the proposed change (Paper increases only on expending the GD for Influence)?

• OK / Good

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Opposed, instead we should tweak the AI to value Embassies more

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Opposed, everything is fine now, nothing needs to change

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Opposed, we should do something completely different (elaborate below please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no it's not
What do you mean it is not a glitch ?

Let me ask you something.

1. Napoleon plants an embassy in Lhasa
2. Isabel plants a Great General and takes the embassy in her territory
3. Napoleon plants a second embassy in Lhasa
4. Isabel plants a second Great General
5. Morocco plants an embassy in Lhasa
6. Morocco is eliminated from the game by Isabel
7. Napoleon eliminates Isabel and takes the city

How many embassies does France have in Lhasa ?

It looks pretty standard to me. It starts in the ancient era and it finishes in the Information era.
"A new challenger has entered the ring!"
And just when the dust was starting to settle from @BiteInTheMark ...

not a bug. Embassies don't yield delegates if they are not in city-state territory.

From what I understand of your scenario, Napoleon has three embassies in his territory, but none of them provide votes because they aren't in city state territory. Morocco's embassy will never become a vote for France regardless.

not a bug. Embassies don't yield delegates if they are not in city-state territory.
That is the glitch. Pay attention. It is not Napoleon who planted the generals. But at the end he ends up with all of them. And still has no vote ? Please report this to GitHub.

I discovered this glitch only by deductive logic. It is not happened to me really. But the mechanics of the game suggests the existence of the glitch. It is purely deduced glitch. But still should be reported to GitHub, in the rare scenario someone encounters it.

Last edited:
That is the glitch. Pay attention. It is not Napoleon who planted the generals. But at the end he ends up with all of them. And still has no vote ? Please report this to GitHub.

I discovered this glitch only by deductive logic. It is not happened to me really. But the mechanics of the game suggests the existence of the glitch. It is purely deduced glitch. But still should be reported to GitHub, in the rare scenario someone encounters it.
no.

No ? Napoleon exhausted 2 Great Diplomats, conquered 2 Civs, and still has no vote ? You don't even understand the glitch.
Napoleon didn't bother to plant another embassy at the city-state. Embassy grants vote only if they're in a city-state territory and even so they grant 1 vote to whoever owns the orignial capital(if they are eliminated) or their owner.

Napoleon didn't bother to plant another embassy at the city-state. Embassy grants vote only if they're in a city-state territory and even so they grant 1 vote to whoever owns the orignial capital(if they are eliminated) or their owner.
No he planted 2 of them. Please don't tell me that he has to plant a third one.

I understand what you are saying if you follow the rules but I am demonstrating to you that this design leads to problems.

I understand what you are saying if you follow the rules but I am demonstrating to you that this design leads to problems.
no, it doesn't. What you are describing is in an ultra-rare scenario that you have to intentionally facilitate for this to even happen for 1 city-state out of the rest.

no, it doesn't. What you are describing is in an ultra-rare scenario that you have to intentionally facilitate for this to even happen for 1 city-state out of the rest.
It is rare, I deduced it I told you. I didn't say it broke up the game.

In fact I said I don't bother with CS at all in 43 games.

Aaahh hahahaha. Hoooo. Wow. I needed a hearty chuckle, thank you. This would be my favorite github post, please make it, I promise I'll never delete it.

G

Aaahh hahahaha. Hoooo. Wow. I needed a hearty chuckle, thank you. This would be my favorite github post, please make it, I promise I'll never delete it.

G
Your laugh is contagious you know. Even I laughed at this.

But jokes aside, you better report this to GitHub because it is ridiculous glitch.

I dont see any problem.
There is no City State anymore. So, no vote from a CS or from an embassy. Normal.
If Napoleon wanted 2 votes from alliance and embassy, he should have liberated the CS and didnt conquer it.
AND. If you conquer a capital from a civ, you get the control and the votes of their embassies (Didnt noticed it by myself, but it was said its working this way.

But I want to note, AI is spamming influence GD in my games to. I think only a third or less is used to create embassies. This makes a high vote control by embassies relative easy. Using influence gain from GD early on should be only used by maybe Siam and Germany, cause of their UA. Else, its kinda wasted.

AND. If you conquer a capital from a civ, you get the control and the votes of their embassies (Didnt noticed it by myself, but it was said its working this way.
Only if the civ is eliminated, based on @Enginseer

I do have a question based on that super rare scenario though. What if someone else conquers Lhasa, plants citadels to grab all those embassies back into Lhasa territory, and THEN Napoleon liberates Lhasa? Lhasa would have multiple embassies.

Only if the civ is eliminated, based on @Enginseer

I do have a question based on that super rare scenario though. What if someone else conquers Lhasa, plants citadels to grab all those embassies back into Lhasa territory, and THEN Napoleon liberates Lhasa? Lhasa would have multiple embassies.
Whatever embassy was claimed first during Napoleon's liberation is considered the official embassy.

I would add another "issue" regarding Great Diplomats. I keep seeing that AI using Great Diplomats for Influence in CS where
  • I have granted sphere of influence via WC
  • or where open door policy in enacted (so no one could be their ally)

I would add another "issue" regarding Great Diplomats. I keep seeing that AI using Great Diplomats for Influence in CS where
  • I have granted sphere of influence via WC
  • or where open door policy in enacted (so no one could be their ally)
Good catch! You should report this to Github since those would definitely be bugs I'd say.

Not a glitch. You could say that AI played badly even though knowing the rules. When I place an embassy, I try to put it where a citadel is hard to locate. Because, you know? I was stolen one embassy a few games ago and now I care a little more.
I will forgive AI not being so far sighting as me regarding where to place best an embassy.

Not a glitch. You could say that AI played badly even though knowing the rules. When I place an embassy, I try to put it where a citadel is hard to locate. Because, you know? I was stolen one embassy a few games ago and now I care a little more.
I will forgive AI not being so far sighting as me regarding where to place best an embassy.
I dunno about that...IMO the AI doing something really stupid is a glitch. After all, improving the AI's decision making process is part of this project and the reported case isn't exactly something that is debatable; it's clearly the wrong move.

Top Bottom