Great General command

zatarra09

Chieftain
There needs to be a command for my general to autofollow a certain unit. I grow tired of pointing him at the same damned unit every turn... it adds nothing to the gameplay to have to keep doing this.

You’re absolutely right, usually when my units arrive to the battlefield I remember that my Great General is sleeping somewhere on the map.

Same problem. I gave up on this. Not worth the effort. Now I just use them immediately for Golden Ages, even if I only get three turns worth.

It would be nice if you could at use them to give a unit a bunch of XP. At least that would be something that might be a useful alternative to a GA.

:yup: There should be an option for Great Generals to stack with a military unit to reduce micro.

Agree.

I like GGs in this game more than in Civ4. Nice to be able to move them from one front to another depending on what is needed. But not being able to at least temporarily attach them to a unit is a pain.

What about the citadel.. i havent done it yet, but isnt that relatively worthwhile?

Same problem. I gave up on this. Not worth the effort.

It's an extra unit that gives 25-45% strength to surrounding units.. How big does that bonus take before it's worth it? I agree you should be able to stick them to units Civ4 style and let them tow the GG around, but if you completely ignore GGs because you have to move the extra unit.. :rolleyes: your loss.

What about the citadel.. i havent done it yet, but isnt that relatively worthwhile?

It is a great idea -- you can block choke points for great defensive lines, especially if you have a mountain range with passes. In practice, the combat AI is so stupid that it isn't worth the effort -- it will suicide on your units anyway by moving its archers right in front of your swordsmen. Just use the GG for a Golden Age, as one of the other posters said. Once -- or, given how complex the problem is, if -- they fix the AI, they will definitely be worth it.

Top Bottom