Great General problem

jade8880

Chieftain
Based on SaibotLieh's Female Great People mod, I am trying to create in my game a Amazon Civ, with all female great people and missionaries. All female units work fine except Great General. I have a female great general as Amazon Civ's UU, but when a GG born in battle, male and female GG generate randomly. I also saw female GG born to other Civs. I wonder if there is a solution for this problem?

It seems SaibotLieh had a solution in his mod by modify python, but his mod set the chance of female great people to 15%, increasing to 50% after emancipation. That's not what I want. I am a python dumb, Could anyone give me a clue how to do it, for example, call which function making a UU create/generate for a specific Civ? Many thanks.

I think that is is done in the XML for the civilization. Since you want male 100% for some and female for other you use the area of the XML which says "not this unit". Sorry I can't be more specific, have not worked on those XML files myself.

If you had read the thread in question, you would know that it is a known issue, currently only solved in the dll :p

If you had read the thread in question, you would know that it is a known issue, currently only solved in the dll :p

Thank you for reply. If the problem has been solved by some one, could you please give me a link? My programming skill is limited to copy & paste. Very appreciate if you can give me a clue where to start.

The dll was posted in SaibotLieh's thread by Lemon Merchant here. It seems that SaibotLieh had some errors thrown with it when loading the mod. Try to see if it works for you.

If not or if you already have a customised dll, then there is no easy solution as you should:
- get the source code from Lemon Merchant (as it is not included)
- edit your source files with the changes
- compile a new dll

Both members are still active on the forum. You might want to contact them by P.M. if they don't react here or there.

Thank you very much. I didn't notice Lemon Merchant's post, since any SDK/ python is beyond my reach. I will try his dll.

Top Bottom