Great generals? What do they do?

Undustas

Chieftain
So i got a great general, and i see what he can do as far as starting a golden age, but he can also end his turn on the same tile as someone else, so when they say he enhances there fighting what does that mean?

Does he give them like +1 attack?

Also does it work for units like catapautls?

any insight on tips with generals would be helpfull.

If you check your combat odds mouse over you will see GGs had 25% to the unit strength, I believe the range is 2 hexes. Also a GG can start a Golden Age.

When placed next to friendly military units, the nearby units will receive a combat bonus. He can also sacrifice himself to make a Citadel, a super improvement which gives units garrisoned in it 100% defense. It will also damage enemies that end their turn near it.

It also works on catapults, other siege weapons, basically any military unit. Though I haven't tried air units when having a general next to the city, hmm...

The citadel improvement is very situational. If you have a good chokepoint and are going up against a larger army, they can be quite nice, but on a big open battlefield it's hard to divert to enemy towards it.

I've read that many players keep 1-2 generals depending on their army size and use the rest to trigger golden ages, since warmongers tend to get a lot of generals.

I've read that many players keep 1-2 generals depending on their army size and use the rest to trigger golden ages, since warmongers tend to get a lot of generals.

I'm warmongering a lot more in 5 since I enjoy the combat more, broken as it is, and this is what I do. One general with my main force since 25% is nice, and one in reserve in case something comes up. The rest are just bonus GAs, handy as a conquest campaign is wrapping up and you want some added production to knock out courthouses faster.

Top Bottom