Great Governors

cosmicmangobear

Warlord
So, hear me out, it’s not a bad concept, and the promotion trees are interesting. But I would much rather that governers have been great people as real politicians from history with their own unique abilities. There would be a passive ability from installing them in one of your cities or expending them in foreign territory for a diplomacy boost or maybe a loyalty bomb. That way we could have cool historical figures like Churchill, Roxelana, and Seward that were very influential in politics but don’t fall into the other categories. Instead, we got rando blobs of melted plastic that don’t add much to gameplay and totally break immersion.

Yeah, that was pretty much the majority opinion here when R&F came out, but once could see how creating 5+ unique governors (especially with potentially unique promotion trees) per civ would be unrealistic development wise, and they clearly wanted multiple promotion options to choose from. I think people would have even preferred generic 'civ' appropriate names even if they weren't real people. But, for me at least, I've gotten used to their appearance (if not fond of them in terms of micro)

That would mean less choice for the player, because it's "just another GP". Furthermore you decide how to evolve your governors - tall or wide and with the upgrades you prefer...
That being said having Ibrahim as unique governor gives hope that there's room either for further unique governor development by FXS or modders which is good. :)

Top Bottom