Great Hunters can no longer hunt ?

colonelflag

Warlord
Hi all,

I started a new game on SVN 11223 and managed to get a "Great Hunter" but i only have the option to "Add to City" or "Start a Golden Age" and not to actually use the unit as a Hunter. Is this intended now or a bug or have I missed something ?

Cheers
ColonelFlag

The Great Hunter great person unit should have the ability to upgrade it into a "Master Tracker" unit (or "Master X" where X is the highest level hunting-line unit you have), which requires at least the Tracking technology (or whatever it is that unlocks trackers); I suspect you haven't that tech yet?

No problem! Protip is to right-click on the unit icon to see the pedia page for it and read the abilities is has, which *usually* gives you some insight into what it can, or is supposed to do. I'm constantly referring to it, anyway; having a fast(er) pedia is a godsend for this game ^.^;

I've had a master chaser in MToS for many years. ^^
Can you kindly adapt it into the core? Not sure why DH decided against those.

Can you kindly adapt it into the core? Not sure why DH decided against those.
Back when DH protested against it the Chaser was so short lived as to be just about useless to use. And you could actually get Tracker before Chasers in how you played your tech tree. That of course has been somewhat alleviated now.

Back when DH protested against it the Chaser was so short lived as to be just about useless to use. And you could actually get Tracker before Chasers in how you played your tech tree. That of course has been somewhat alleviated now.
Originally, the Chaser was supposed to be there a lot longer, because all hunter units coming after it required a Master Hunter, and that can take a while in the beginning.

Top Bottom