Great Merchant Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or playing as Greece (either Pericles or Gorgo), have Adam Smith, Gustave Eiffel, Eiffel Tower, Forbidden City, Big Ben, Alhambra, and Potala Palace!
...or playing as Qin Shi Huang, have Adam Smith, Gustave Eiffel, Forbidden City, Big Ben, Alhambra, Potala Palace, and every early game wonder (and if you are lucky, Stonehenge counts too)!

Marcus Licinius Crassus - 13
Marco Polo - 23
Giovanni de' Medici - 25.
Raja Todar Mal - 9
Adam Smith - 54 = 53 + 1 You're the best
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Levi Strauss - 9 = 12 - 3 Late game amenities aren't the bestest of whats leftest
Estée Lauder 22

Marco Polo - 23
Giovanni de' Medici - 25
Raja Todar Mal - 9
Adam Smith - 54+1=55 - MOAR POINTS!
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Levi Strauss - 9-3=6 - I have to agree. His problem is that he comes in late game when +4 amenities aren't so much. And I hate wearing jeans.
Estée Lauder 22

Marco Polo - 23
Raja Todar Mal - 9
Adam Smith - 56 (55+1) no question
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Levi Strauss - 3 (6-3) I am not so impressed
Estée Lauder 22

Marco Polo - 23
Raja Todar Mal - 9
Adam Smith - 56 + 1 = 57 This one is extremely obvious
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Levi Strauss - 3 - 3 = ELIMINATED A little too late
Estée Lauder 22

Marco Polo - 23
Raja Todar Mal - 6 (9-3) out of the remaining Merchants I thing Raja is the weakest.
Adam Smith - 57 - I wont down vote him for fun seeing's some have taken real issue with Mr. Adam Smith. and Those comparing him to World Wonders and Great Engineers doesn't seem relevant to this thread seeing's we are meant to compare them to other Great Merchants.
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Estée Lauder 25 (22+3) I know she come Late. But by the time any of the Amenity Merchants appear you will have you Amenities under control. Barring War weariness. AND she is the Best of the Amenity Merchants.

Link below for people who want to check on Great Merchants Abilities.
http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Merchant_(Civ6)

Marco Polo - 23
Raja Todar Mal - 6 (9-3) out of the remaining Merchants I thing Raja is the weakest.
Adam Smith - 57 - I wont down vote him for fun seeing's some have taken real issue with Mr. Adam Smith. and Those comparing him to World Wonders and Great Engineers doesn't seem relevant to this thread seeing's we are meant to compare them to other Great Merchants.
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Estée Lauder 25 (22+3) I know she come Late. But by the time any of the Amenity Merchants appear you will have you Amenities under control. Barring War weariness. AND she is the Best of the Amenity Merchants.

Link below for people who want to check on Great Merchants Abilities.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Merchant_(Civ6)
Lauder should have 23 points.

Remember, +1 to one merchant and -3 to another.

Marco Polo - 23
Giovanni de' Medici - 25 + 1 = 26. Do not underestimate his powers. In a recently constructed Commercial Hub, Giovanni spares you a great deal of production at a moment of the game at which Banks are somewhat costly; the ten to fifteen gold gained from the Hub's adjacency bonus, a Market, and a Bank is also a useful bonus, as are the three Great Merchant points that collectively ensue from them. The vacant slots for Great Works render it extremely useful for Cultural Victories, making Giovanni one of the game's more versatile Great People.
Raja Todar Mal - 6 – 3 = 3. As useful as the Raja is, and as fond as I am of recruiting him, he simply cannot compare to Rockefeller, to whom he is most similar. The Raja might give me, at best, an additional twenty to thirty gold per turn; Rockefeller has given me as much as an additional one hundred gold per turn, as well as a source of oil that can't be pillaged. With so few Great Merchants remaining, I must vote down the Raja.
Adam Smith - 57
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Estée Lauder - 23

Last edited:
Giovanni de' Medici - 25 + 1 = 26. Do not underestimate his powers. In a recently constructed Commercial Hub, Giovanni spares you a great deal of production at a moment of the game at which Banks are somewhat costly; the ten to fifteen gold gained from the Hub's adjacency bonus, a Market, and a Bank is also a useful bonus, as are the three Great Merchant points that collectively ensue from them. The vacant slots for Great Works renders it extremely useful for Cultural Victories, making Giovanni one of the game's more versatile Great People.
He's also the only way to store Great Works of Music before the Industrial Era (excluding the palace of course).

Marco Polo - 23
Giovanni de' Medici - 27 (26+1) - I like him because he's both useful and adds something you can't get in other ways. That's cool.
Raja Todar Mal - 0 (3-3) ELIMINATED - Let's narrow the field a bit. Seems like a reasonable candidate to go at this point.
Adam Smith - 57
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Estée Lauder - 23

Marco Polo - 23 - 3 = 20 hard to choose now but I think this guys is the weakest of the remaining
Giovanni de' Medici - 27
Adam Smith - 57
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 15
Estée Lauder - 23 + 1 = 24 I like her

Marco Polo - 20
Giovanni de' Medici - 27
Adam Smith - 58 = 57 + 1 This really is just an exercise in ranking lesser merchants
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 12 = 15- 3 As with my last vote, late game amenities are the weakest of the remaining bonuses and this is 4 vs 6 copies from Lauder
Estée Lauder - 24

Marco Polo - 20
Giovanni de' Medici - 27
Adam Smith - 59 (58+1) I get all happy if he appears in the GM rotation. And for good reason.
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 9 (12-3) Let's get this over with so we can start a new one.
Estée Lauder - 24

Marcus Licinius Crassus - 13-3=10 - This is the right time for him. He is surely good, but somone must go.
Marco Polo - 20
Giovanni de' Medici - 27
Adam Smith - 59+1=60 - 60 points? Impressive, Adam! I wonder how many points you'll eventually have!
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 9
Estée Lauder - 24

Do elimination threads have a blowout rule?
Winner is declared if they have certain number of points and are 2x ahead of 2nd place.

Marcus Licinius Crassus - 10+1=11 - He is better than Adam Smith. He worth 270 culture+1200 gold with 60 GPP, while a policy slot worth ~100GPT with 420 GPP, 100GPT worth about 1500 cash considering the exponential development in C6 games.and the fast end game speed that a player seldom wins after 1000AD.
Giovanni de' Medici - 27
Adam Smith - 60-3=57
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 9
Estée Lauder - 24

Marcus Licinius Crassus - 8 (11-3) He is not that bad but he should also be able to steal fields from other civs.
Giovanni de' Medici - 27
Adam Smith - 58 (57+1) best one
John Spilsbury - 25
John D. Rockefeller - 28
Helena Rubinstein - 9
Estée Lauder - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom