[LP] Great Negotiators: First Look

Duke William of Normandy

King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee
Here's our First Look video! Even though the Notes have already been revealed and such! :p Ignore them!

I'm still uncertain if conquering an industrial zone triggers Lincoln's ability. I assume it has to for loyalty, but am less clear on the melee unit

Looks like the pictured ability is correct for Nzinga, unless the First Look is based on outdated information.

Well those abilities are more boring than i thought. :cry: Oh well, at least the models look great.
Given that the name of the DLC is Great Negotiators, I was expecting diplomatic abilities, at least for Mbande Nzinga. All of them are much more warmongers than negotiators.

i mean curbstomping everyone with higher yields / bigger flanking bonuses / free buffed units, is one way to conduct diplomacy, i guess.

"Either through Industry, Culture or Strength, how will you negotiate your way to world domination?"

That's really stretching the meaning of the word "negotiate". :lol:

Reminds me of that Humankind promo a while back. "We came to an agreement, they payed me obscene amounts of money, and I let them live"

Synopsis

Lincoln: Interesting but weak
Mbanda: Boring but strong
Saladin: In between Lincoln and Mbanda

This is… it?

So far, it seems a copy-paste effort of existing Civ abilities. In fact the best this has to offer is that Kongo can have a religion with Temple Relic slots. Sadly, Kongo’s actual new leader ability is the most disappointing to me because it’s the Mayans (one of my favorite Civs) but without the uniquely difficult strategy.

I shouldn’t complain because it’s free, but… meh. Boring. Hope the rest are more flavorful.

1669057921951.png

Buff of Nkisi ?

Quite happy with Nzinga Mbande actually. I always enjoyed playing Kongo quite tall, and her abilities seems to support that playstyle. :) Playing her right away. Looking forward to getting a religion as Kongo.

Well I've got Caesar, but none of the other three yet. Anyone else have the same?

Edit: NM, looks like I have to add it somehow. I saw somehow because it's currently showing as costing $30 despite me having everything.

Top Bottom