1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Great people point value still broken

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Odysseas_84, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Odysseas_84

Odysseas_84 Chieftain

I am posting a GS version of this bug. I don't know if anyone is even reading these, but the great people point system is - still - broken in GS. I haven't played far enough yet to see if it is as severely broken as it was in R&F (where the subsequent great person's value might drop as much as ~60%!!), but already in the medieval era I got the first bugged values.

I assume that the first great person of a new era comes with some discount; maybe that's also unintentional and thus also a bug, but at least it can make some conceptual sense, as it can be a reward for the player recruiting the first great person of a new era.

However, the value of great people from the same era does not remain stable thereafter.

In this example, I am posting files demonstrating that a great writer in the medieval era costs 155 points, and after he is recruited, the next one costs 120 points. The 2 great writers are completely equivalent entities and there is no reason for the next one to cost less than the previous.

1.0.0.290 (405094)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

2. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

It might not be a "bug" per se.

As early as the base game, what happens is that if the Great People advance too quickly (well in advance of the "Age"), then the following Great People have an inflated cost.

So, for example, if all of the Classical Writers are used up in the Ancient and Classical Era, then the next Great Person will be Medieval but will have an inflated cost. If the Era catches up to Medieval and that Great Person is bought, the next one will resume back to its normal cost.