Great People

Im_An_Eejit

Chieftain
Anyone else reserve great people, mainly builders, to use them for future purposes?
I.E. Keep a great builder and after building the oxford university wonder , using it to build the manhatten project (if you get atomic theory) straight away instead of in 99+ turns in the really low years?
People i play online say its pointless but i think differently. Anyone else?

I do that in regular civ, I say its fine as long as you aren't in the early years, wanting to save him for some late game wonder.

Anyone else reserve great people, mainly builders, to use them for future purposes?
I.E. Keep a great builder and after building the oxford university wonder , using it to build the manhatten project (if you get atomic theory) straight away instead of in 99+ turns in the really low years?

Manhattan Project cannot be rushed using gold?

I know the World Bank can't but rushed.

U can't rush Manhattan Project.

Well the game doesn't come out for two more days here, but from my Civ IV experience i can tell you that i always saved a great Engineer to hurry the U.N., but i'll get back and tell you what i do on Rev(which will probably be the same) when i get it.

You can rush the Manhattan project. But it costs atelast 20.000 gold. I have rushed it.

You can rush the Manhattan project. But it costs atelast 20.000 gold. I have rushed it.

Thank you for the info. I read before the game was release in Europe and the info said that you can not rush the Manhattan Project or the World Bank.

Thank you for the info. I read before the game was release in Europe and the info said that you can not rush the Manhattan Project or the World Bank.

Its the World Bank and UN that you cannot rush... the two required for victories.

Its the World Bank and UN that you cannot rush... the two required for victories.

Right -- those wonders also cost a lot more than normal wonders, since they're so important.

The UN only costs 500 hammers, not a lot really. Manhattan project costs at least 750. The victory wonders are actually quite cheap, compared to some other modern wonders.

Top Bottom