1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Great People

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Iktomi, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Iktomi

Iktomi Chieftain

Question:

You get the option to "settle" a great person for some sort of bonus or "use" them to rush or enhance something.

Great Persons are part of increasing your culture and I go for flips a lot. So, my question is if I "use" a great person do I still get their culture bonus as I appear to do if I "settle" them someplace?

Any knowledgeable insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tschesae

Tschesae Chieftain

As far as I know - you have to settle them. If you get a great artist it makes no difference because the flipped city counts towards your cultural victory.

3. Widowmaker313

Widowmaker313 Chieftain

You need to settle the GP for that to count. With the exception of flipping which counts as one since you destroyed the GP but flipped a city.

4. someguy486

someguy486 Chieftain

So if you use a Great Explorer to get 400 gold it doesn't count towards a cultural victory?

5. vinstafresh

vinstafresh Chieftain

No, it doesn't

6. Iktomi

Iktomi Chieftain

I just found it in the Brady game guide:

"Settle them in your city and they provide a continuous bonus of some type to that city

"Use" their special power to provide an immediate and significant bonus. If you use the Great People in this way, they do not count toward your Cultural win