Great People

So, what are we going to name it then:

#1: Great Merchant
#2: Great Peddler
#3: Great Trader
#4: Trade Caravan
#5: Merchant Caravan

Post your vote!

After this, we go back to the Great Commander and finish off the incidentals and then we have a finalized Great Person list (minus the individual names)

My preference, from best to worst:

#3 Great Trader (Because it has the 'Great' in its name to avoid confusion)
#4 Trade Caravan (While I like this better, the lack of Great means that it might be confusing)
#2 Great Peddler (Sounds better to me then Merchant, which sounds anachronistic to me)
#1 Great Merchant (Familiar to all, and has Great in it)
#5 Merchant Caravan (not Great, and still merchant. Still, I rate it higher then Great Merchant if it wasn't for the convention of having great people start with Great).

-Great Trader
-Trade Caravan (though it doesn't sound like a Great Person)
-Great Merchant
-Great Peddler (sounds... underwhelming)
-Merchant Caravan

Great Trader it is. Now, on to the Great Comanders abilities. Renaming of the Building and Isntructor type.

Please submit ideas. Also, I have now updated the Great Merchant to Great Trader. Also updating the Buildings list as appropriate.

Okay, we just need to finish the 2 things for the Great Commander and this is Finalized. If possible, it would be breat to get this done today.

So what we need are name changes for the following.

Military Academy
Military Instructor

I played some FFH last night and managed to get a Great Commander. He was able to build a "Command Post" (Mix of Mil Acad and Mil Instr.), recruit units (only once, number of units depending on city limit). I think there was something else but my head is hurting and I can't remember it.

I think that at least Command Post would be a usable name, even if we decide that we don't go with the recruiting thing.

That depends on whether we go with few xp's as in BtS or high xp's as in FFH. If we go with high xp's (my favourite), i'd say settling won't be as usefull, as xp's can be gotten from many different sources, so keep it to recruitment only.

Recruitment sounds great, and yeah, if there is a lot of XP, settling does not do much.

Sounds Good, I will update appropriately the 1st post.

1 last thing to decide now. For the 1st release, are we going to try and come up with specific names for the great people, or are we just going to have it pop up that a Great "whateveritis" has been born?

I think they names should wait until release 2 unless we can somehow come up with them. I would suggest (just a suggestion) to call the Great people Finalized, then if we can come up with enough names in time, we can upadte the list appropriately, but this way we are not forced to do it if it is too much trouble to get it done in time for the release.

I have no problem with leaving it at "whateveritis" for the first time around.

A Great _____ has been born in ______! sounds fine to me. Let's leave the filler detail for later.

Top Bottom