Great person bug, totally op military unit from later era appears

barbarianscientist

Chieftain
I'm playing the giant earth map scenario as Germany. In turn 243/4940 in the middle of the prehistoric era, I am about to get my first great person. The game awards me a "gallic warrior" (classical era unit). This unit is so overpowered for my era that I could just overrun all other civs with it.

I guess this a bug?

It is repeatable on multiple runs.

The probability for the gallic warrior looks weird, see attachement.
Savegame can be supplied on request.

Great person - gallic warrior.jpg

there you go, I appreciate the quick response :)

Attachments

• Frederick BC-29840 right before gallic warrior.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
Sadly, the fix won't be so quick. I'm VERY deep in another project and haven't done much to look at debugging lately. Joe may have some troubleshooting advice.

there you go, I appreciate the quick response :)
1st things 1st, What version of C2C are you using? Stock v37 or the SVN? Please give details as they are essential to solving problems.
2nd, are you using Pit2015's UEM Scenario right?

1st things 1st, What version of C2C are you using? Stock v37 or the SVN? Please give details as they are essential to solving problems.
2nd, are you using Pit2015's UEM Scenario right?

It's really amazing that you guys are putting so much effort into this, I didn't even expect a response to my bug report.

My quick fix is to delete the buggy unit, open the world builder and get the great person that I should have gotten without the bug.
From the notifications I am getting in the game, AI civs are getting "regular" great persons like artists and prophets.

I think my version is stock v37? I just learned about the mod a week ago and downloaded the last published version from December 2016.

The scenario file is called: "FIXED_GEM_PRESET_NO_CUSTOM_CIVS"
The description says: "Giant Earth Map from ROM 2.7 adapted for C2C V35. No custom civs."

In terms of customization I chose two options that might cause/influence this bug:
1. Unlimited number of wonders per city. This might cause an overflow of great person points? I've built a lot of wonders since I am apparently the only civ with caves in my territory.
2. No leader traits in the beginning. Maybe the scenario is not compatible with this setting as the description says "no custom civs"?

Top Bottom