[Vanilla] Great Person space project production overflow removed

Hactar

Warlord
This has been reported in another thread by @FireBender, but I think it’s a big change that needs its own topic. Previously, you could activate a Great Scientist such as Stephanie Kwoiek for the 100% production bonus to space projects, then Carl Sagan for 3000 production towards space projects, giving at least 6000 cogs which could be used to finish multiple projects at once. After the first one completes, it would show 1 turn for the next one, and a chop or next turn would complete it too. Or the overflow could be used for anything else such as districts or wonders.

BUT in the recent patch (Feb 7, 2018) that overflow appears to be gone. If you activate Sagan, you can only finish one project. I don’t know if it also applies to the Great Engineers who also offer space project production. I assume so but hopefully someone will test this.

I think this will completely turn the “fast science victory” strategy on its head. Focusing on gold to buy all the Great Scientists will not be as big an advantage if you now have to hard build most of the projects. Any thoughts? How will this affect the strategy? I assume beelining Globalization for the +5 production from trade routes may be even more important. Maybe Industrial Zones / Great Engineers / Ruhr Valley etc. will be more important. I’ll be interested to see how this develops.

Good. Kwolek+ Sagan was overbearing anyways and didn't require a good city. It also made it most optimal for 1 spaceport to do everything

It's good as it introduces a new challenge just when the game started getting dull.
what i dont understand is why they left a GS at giving 3000 production when you obviously can't use it.

on the positive note this also means that focusing on gold strategy and saving $30.000 to buy all the GS may be outdated - even more so now when every trader needs a market .
this could allow a different focus - perhaps a mix of campuses and theaters instead of commercial hubs.
perhaps using these new buffs to settler production can lead in an unprecedented number of own cities, and infrastructure can be purchased.
so - im guessing soon people will come up with new strategies as to how to deal with this problem.
ill give it some thought in the next few days too.
looking forward to ideas

But the GS still allows you to finish 1 project (even the most expensive ones) in 1 turn, so I dont think they are not usefull at all.

I had a decent violent SV with aztecs in which I pretty much forgot about the GS and had to chop all the projects in 5 different cities. If that psuedo-Aztec policy card works the way I think it does, this may be viable but may require timing the techs in a way that allows for Magnus to be moved without wasting chops.

I had a decent violent SV with aztecs in which I pretty much forgot about the GS and had to chop all the projects in 5 different cities. If that psuedo-Aztec policy card works the way I think it does, this may be viable but may require timing the techs in a way that allows for Magnus to be moved without wasting chops.
The Aztec method is viable, I tried it a few times. Now we have Reyna to buy the spaceport any civ can try it, you just need the trees. With Reyna you do not really need too much extra cash also, coliseum and pyramids are becoming more important.

I havnt done big ben GP spam in either of my science games so far. I uses the governor ability and builder spam to finish the projects. GP spam would have taken way longer. I had one science win on deity and one on immortal. Both around 210. I was still getting the hang of things and felt like i could have gotten way better times.

It's good as it introduces a new challenge just when the game started getting dull.
what i dont understand is why they left a GS at giving 3000 production when you obviously can't use it.

on the positive note this also means that focusing on gold strategy and saving $30.000 to buy all the GS may be outdated - even more so now when every trader needs a market .
this could allow a different focus - perhaps a mix of campuses and theaters instead of commercial hubs.
perhaps using these new buffs to settler production can lead in an unprecedented number of own cities, and infrastructure can be purchased.
so - im guessing soon people will come up with new strategies as to how to deal with this problem.
looking forward to ideas
Well that's Great ! I stopped playing Civ 6 for a while coz one update caused major bugs then the R&F patch stopped CQUI... I started a game a few days ago after watching Civtrader6's Amazing playthrough on youtube as Greece for the peaceful science victory... I totally screwed it, Never done sub 200 Science victory before and thought I may do it after watching this playthrough.... Anyway T227 was gonna win and NERF ! What's annoying is the latest patch broke the CQUI <again> mid game and I had to learn vanilla UI to complete... I wasn't sure if the new patch caused a bug? because why give a GS 3000 production if he can only use 1800? The game is not new, why this nerf after so long ? I read thru patch release notes but I did not see anything <maybe i missed> I emailed 2K and posted a bug report against the latest patch... So, my bad, not reading thru endless patch releases from 2K and missing the nerf ! I'm fed up of them nerfing stuff coz they can't design proper AI... Gary Kasparov quit Chess coz computer AI is too smart, he needs to play Civ... Great videos Civtrader ! Not sure I'll ever do sub 200 science now tho lolz

looking forward to ideas

Doh! Did you find out any new strategy for fast Science Victory in Vanilla post the Nerf of overflow? Love your videos btw. I think your analytical approach hits the Civ fanatic way of thinking perfectly. Also your explanation of your actions are great. For my own part your videos are the best CIV videos I have ever come across. Hope you make many more!

Top Bottom