1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Profit - Holy Sites

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by hokath, Dec 11, 2015.

1. PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat Videographer

IMO, this is a solution if the table cost is low, but otherwise we likely need a different solution to both holy sites and the wonders. Buffing them in only your holy city, especially when that holy city is likely your capital, is not ideal.

Maybe instead of buffing through the wonders, the holy sites can provide bonus yields based on what resource they are connecting? Kind of like having a shrine to that resource.

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

And lo it was done (see new beta version).

G

3. Gazebo

Nope. Not without a mechanical rework.
    G

4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Why not just make it so that the national building creates a dummy "FreeBuilding" in all of the cities to which the dummy building provides the holy sites whichever through Building_ImprovementsYieldChanges? Looks sloppy, but it does its job.

Or you could do a LUA system of the same "FreeBuilding" so it doesn't look sloppy and then checks for followers and see if it matches a majority of the population and allow the building to be created.

5. Gazebo

I hate dummy stuff like that. I also hate LUA. DLL or death! :)

G

6. Lucas A.

Lucas A. Chieftain

Some suggestions on Holy National Wonders bonus to Holy Sites bonus:

Ceremonial Burial - Mausoleum (Receive Faith and Culture when a GP is expended)
    Changes to generate Food. It's simple because if you focus on GPs you have to focus food. At late game or for Prophets you have to focus on Faith too, so maybe make it generate Faith and Food (like +1/+4).

Mandate of Heaven - Celestial Throne (15% bonus Food, Prod, Gold, Science, Culture and Faith in HolyC during GA)
    Changes to generate 1 of each of those yields (Food, Prod, Gold, Science, Culture and Faith) when worked by Holy City and maybe 3~5 Golden Age points in others (If that comes to be hard, maybe make them all generate 1 of those yields and maybe no bonus faith).

About the others I don't have anything in mind that I'd like to see, but maybe some changes to them as well.

Some (bit crazy) ideas of effects for some of them:
    Apostolic Tradition - Palace: Also spreads your religion to closer city;
    Hero Worship - Great Altar: Bonus combat status for near units;
    Theocratic Rule - Grand Ossuary: Closer city gets one WLTKD (maybe with reduced duration)

And finally, what about changing Freedom - New Deal bonus to Holy Sites to 2 Faith, 1 Culture and 1 Tourism?

7. OYAKATASAMA

OYAKATASAMA Chieftain

What exactly are the requirements for holy sites to gain the extra yields from the founder belief national wonders? My older cities get the production from the Great Altar, but newer expansions don't, even though they have adopted my religion.

8. Funak

Funak Deity

I don't think the bonus is dependent on religion at all, if you control the wonder you should get the bonus.

I guess it is possible that the effect only works on cities that were founded before the wonder was built, but in that case it is probably a bug.

9. mernild

mernild Chieftain

How do I know which wonders will provide which bonus to holy sites. Shouldn't it be mentioned when I choose between founder beliefs?

10. Funak

Funak Deity

It's mentioned in the civpedia, there is no room in the founder-beliefs.

In fact I will once again propose that all the yields/bonuses/whatever on the founder-wonders are removed from the founder-belief and instead have the belief link to the civ-pedia if you rightclick it. JFD have already said that he can fix it if Gazebo doesn't know how to.

11. mernild

mernild Chieftain

deleted