1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Prophet can't build Church of the Nativity

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by MichaelQ, Dec 15, 2013.

1. MichaelQ

MichaelQ Chieftain

Hey there! I am playing as GER and recently swallowed Rome. I saved a Great Prophet all the time but now he can't establish the Church of the Nativity, although he's on the Rome tile.

I already suspected this behaviour beacuse the Great Person seemed to an islamic one only for the Islam sign is in his description. I.e. the in-game mouse-over build -shrine description says, "can only be build the holy city of :cry: religion", where :cry: means the green Islam sign. It was so since his "birth" although I've always been christian/catholic.

So what's wrong?
    Mike

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel That's Imperator Knoedel.

A savegame may be in order.

Are you sure the Church of the Nativity isn´t already built? If it´s the 600 AD scenario I think it´s already prebuilt in Jerusalem although Rome is the Holy City.

3. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I assume you play the 600 AD scenario. The Church of the Nativity is preplaced in Jerusalem in that scenario. So you can build it anymore, as it already does exist. To get it, conquer Jerusalem.

4. MichaelQ

MichaelQ Chieftain

Hmmm, strange... I remember I once owned or even build the Church in Rome. It was the fundament of Rome being the financial capital.

5. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I think you played the 3000 BC scenario then. If christianity is founded in Rome, you can build the Church there.

6. morff

morff Chieftain

They are right, you can't build it in Rome if you start at 600 AD, because it's already in Jerusalem. However there is this event, that's asking you to conquer the Rome (christian holy city)... And if you are successful, one of the options is you can get the Church build. In that case there are 2 unique buildings, one in Jerusalem and second in the Rome. But who cares, if they pay, right? ;) (Anyway, it's kind of bug.)

7. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite Chieftain

Nevermind, please delete!