Great Prophet can't build Church of the Nativity

MichaelQ

Chieftain
Hey there! I am playing as GER and recently swallowed Rome. I saved a Great Prophet all the time but now he can't establish the Church of the Nativity, although he's on the Rome tile.

I already suspected this behaviour beacuse the Great Person seemed to an islamic one only for the Islam sign is in his description. I.e. the in-game mouse-over build -shrine description says, "can only be build the holy city of :cry: religion", where :cry: means the green Islam sign. It was so since his "birth" although I've always been christian/catholic.

So what's wrong?
Mike

A savegame may be in order.

Are you sure the Church of the Nativity isn´t already built? If it´s the 600 AD scenario I think it´s already prebuilt in Jerusalem although Rome is the Holy City.

I assume you play the 600 AD scenario. The Church of the Nativity is preplaced in Jerusalem in that scenario. So you can build it anymore, as it already does exist. To get it, conquer Jerusalem.

Hmmm, strange... I remember I once owned or even build the Church in Rome. It was the fundament of Rome being the financial capital.

They are right, you can't build it in Rome if you start at 600 AD, because it's already in Jerusalem. However there is this event, that's asking you to conquer the Rome (christian holy city)... And if you are successful, one of the options is you can get the Church build. In that case there are 2 unique buildings, one in Jerusalem and second in the Rome. But who cares, if they pay, right? ;) (Anyway, it's kind of bug.)

Nevermind, please delete!

Top Bottom