Great Prophet Points afer founding religion idea

rpgalon

Warlord
Religion enhancement is carried out by burning Apostles, according to the devs in their religious stream as Spain (I believe).
Yes, you need one apostle for one Religion enhancement.

IMHO, apostle shouldn't be able to enhance religion and Great Prophet should be: Found a religion, If you already have one, enhance it.

As it stands right now great prophets can only be used to found religions.

I don't know how balanced it would be, or what it would actually do, but it would be very flavorful to be able to trigger a Second Coming in the late game by accumulating enough great prophet points.

Anyway, perhaps the obvious vacuum is indicative of some DLC in the future.

Actually, couldnt each and every great prophet get an ability that enhances one ability of the religion they enhance/reform that is unique to them? This wouldnt occur on founding though, so you are not inclined to skip over a great prophet and delay your religion just for a better prophet. But if you earn a great prophet afterwards you could use it for actual reformation, for example eeeh I dont have a good example because I dont know enough prophets and believes. ^^ Something very basic, a great prophet enhances tithe to yield additional gold or even another resource.

Let's see. What alternatives we have:

1. Great Prophet points could be used for something other than Prophets, like relics. But this would be VERY counter-intuitive as all other Great Person points are used for those Great People and nothing else/

2. Use Great Prophets for something else, but have limited number of religions. But this means there should be some kind of unlimited use case, not just religion enhancement - otherwise it would be possible to have more Prophets than you could use. Which means system generally like Civ5. And it wouldn't work if developers wanted to separate religion race with the rest of religion game.

Normal "wait to see until I've played the game" applies here, but at first blush the Religion stuff seems like a good candidate for reworking in patches/expansions.

Let's see. What alternatives we have:

1. Great Prophet points could be used for something other than Prophets, like relics. But this would be VERY counter-intuitive as all other Great Person points are used for those Great People and nothing else/

Great Merchants can create luxuries, so it's not that counter intuitive

Yes, you need one apostle for one Religion enhancement.

IMHO, apostle shouldn't be able to enhance religion and Great Prophet should be: Found a religion, If you already have one, enhance it.

Agreed - I would add: If you already have a fully enhanced one, reform it, where reforming means you get to switch out a couple of its beliefs for new ones.
Obviously this isn't as good as getting a new religion or additional new beliefs, but at least it always gives you something to do with a great prophet.

Religion enhancement is carried out by burning Apostles, according to the devs in their religious stream as Spain (I believe).

I love how accurate your avatar is for delivering that statement! ;)

Well and there are Merchants that produce luxuries. So there could also be Prophets that produce relics (after founding), right? :D
See my post, the first part was about how points could be used, the second - about how prophets could be used :)
Cooleatack quoted the first part, but commented about Great Person use.

See my post, the first part was about how points could be used, the second - about how prophets could be used :)
Cooleatack quoted the first part, but commented about Great Person use.
Yeah, but if you see it like that, then every great person has limits. So great prophet would probably have use on fields that are seperated from faith itself (to seperate the religion game).

Yeah, but if you see it like that, then every great person has limits. So great prophet would probably have use on fields that are seperated from faith itself (to seperate the religion game).
A lot of things are possible. But in this case I don't see any variant which even looks better than developers' choice. It's just one of the possible decisions, pretty logical with the given the requirements.

The simplest solution to me would have been for them to build up apostles (as a kind of generic great prophet), but I'm not a game designer...

I think another reasonable choice would be that Great Prophets could function like Great Generals/Admirals but for theological combat.

There is a lot of possible Great Prophet uses after getting a religion.

Makes me wonder why they went with just removing a whole great people class and making the GPP generated from holy site and policies useless.

There is a lot of possible Great Prophet uses after getting a religion.

Makes me wonder why they went with just removing a whole great people class and making the GPP generated from holy site and policies useless.

Because if you could earn Great Prophets after the first one, you could block other civs from founding a religion.

ie I get the first...and second and third Great Prophet.... I even start putting Faith and gold into it... because If I do, I can win a Religious victory without building more than maybe one-two missionaries. (to get one city across the ocean)

Because if you could earn Great Prophets after the first one, you could block other civs from founding a religion.

ie I get the first...and second and third Great Prophet.... I even start putting Faith and gold into it... because If I do, I can win a Religious victory without building more than maybe one-two missionaries. (to get one city across the ocean)

Still seems rather cobbled together at this point, though. Sounds to me like a temporary workaround.

Can't they just turn all in stock great prophet points and its generation into faith and faith generation when it is no longer possible to found a religion?

gpp don't need to be converted or fulfill any other sort of function after the prophet spawns, i don't see why they should

Top Bottom