Great Prophets

kkapalk

Warlord
I now find religion and its benefits useful as I begin to understand different concepts of the game. One thing is still not too clear though. Say I have a Great Prophet and want to use him to convert another civ's city to my religion. I figure converting his fringe cities will be a waste, as there is usually only a couple of population to convert. But if I send him deeper into their territory to a larger city and convert it, surely sooner or later the city would convert back due to pressure from the enemy's surrounding religion?

Getting high pressure is always better than getting more pop converted.

Missonaries & Great Phophets are a bit distinct here.

The best use of a Great Prophet is for where the city is majority something else. In which case the larger that city is and the more citizens following some other religion, the better. (Knock out the opposing religion spread), but you need to balance this against positive spread; and for that you want to be majority as as many cities as possible.

Missionaries: Best use of these are cities with no religion present, and two cities small enough to convert in one spread each much better than one large city.

In both cases, it will really help if the target cities are already under some influence of one of your religions.

Top Bottom