1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Prophets

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by sam44hill, May 28, 2014.

1. sam44hill

sam44hill Always go for the Kill

How long can the wait last to get a GP? The tab read 600 faith but it took almost 650-675 faith for him to spawn. Is there a problem or is this working as intended?

2. Chabshaile

Chabshaile Chieftain

I have regularly seen my GP take 2 to 4 turns longer to spawn then he should in GNK.

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

It is all RNG. Since you are on marathon (600 faith for first GP), the raw faith count may be larger, but I've had the counter rise 60-70% of the increment to the next GP (e.g., on Standard, upwards of 260-270 faith) before the RNG spawned a GP. On the other hand, the RNG Gods sometimes grant me a GP on the first turn after crossing the threshold.

4. Calouste

Calouste Deity

I think I've read that the chance for a Prophet to spawn each turn is depended on how much Faith you have over the amount needed, and it will reach 100% when you get the to threshold for the next GP.

On standard, for the first GP the threshold is 200 and for the second it is 300, so if you are on say 220, you have a 20% chance that turn to generate your GP. (Again, that is how I remember it from a post I can't find back).

5. sam44hill

sam44hill Always go for the Kill

RNG, eh?

I'll watch my back