Great Scientist bulbing and Academies

HungryForFood

Prince
Right now the science you get from bulbing scales based on the total number of Academies you have in your empire. I like the concept, but I feel there's one problem.

Bulbing counts all Academies in your empire. What can happen is that a civ that takes over a civ or two after around mid game can end up with way more Academies than normal, resulting in insane values when bulbing in the late game. When this happens to another civ and I'm playing tall, I feel completely helpless. On the other hand, if I'm the one conquering and puppetting everything, I find it too easy to create a huge tech lead in the late game.

What I suggest is that it instead counts the number of Academies you have ever created yourself. This removes the insane bulb values in snowballers, and gives back some edge in science to tall.

To a lesser extent, this is also a problem to other great people, but I think its only really an issue for Great Scientists.

Anyone else feel like this is a problem? Or is everything fine?

I agree for the reasons you said. To be consistent it should apply to towns (though its not that big of a deal) and manufactories as well (a pretty big deal)

But.. But... My thingies! I like stabbing people and saying "Mine!"

I'll recognize a conflict of interest and abstain for now. :p

I will say that it shouldn't be like that for Great Artists/Writers/Musicians. Both for flavor reasons and balance taking great works by war or by heists should count for Golden Ages/Culture Boosts/Concert Tours.

I will say that it shouldn't be like that for Great Artists/Writers/Musicians. Both for flavor reasons and balance taking great works by war or by heists should count for Golden Ages/Culture Boosts/Concert Tours.

There’s no way to track creator info like that anyways.

G

Does influence from GDiplo scale with number of embassies?

And yeah, it's funny this came up since I submitted a feature request along these lines just a couple days ago.

Does influence from GDiplo scale with number of embassies?

And yeah, it's funny this came up since I submitted a feature request along these lines just a couple days ago.

No, since it only affects the CS at-hand (and embassies are a weird mini game of their own).

G

Top Bottom