Great use of a fort

cdcuase

Warlord
I thought this was pretty cool. In the attached picture the AI built a fort situated at a very strategic spot. It was right on the thin strip of land that connected 2 large continents, and right at the edge of the cultural borders. Such a key fort allows the passing of ships without having to sail all the way around a huge landmass.

Before better AI I had never seen the AI make use of forts in such a great way. Keep in mind that it didnt build on top of resource, so it must have calculated that putting a fort there was needed for some other reason.

My question is, what was main reasoning behind the AI's decision to put a fort there? Does it recognize that a ship can pass through a section of land if a fort were built on it? Or is it programed to build forts on choke points, so the use of it as a Panama Canal type device was just a coincidence?

Attachments

• fort.jpg
    fort.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 274
Fort construction is not something I've look at much yet ... the AI does take several factors into account, including how much it improves travel times for ships. I just don't know how all the factors add up or what the primary influences causing them to be built in some circumstances but not others.

Don't want to water your enthusiam , but that is a pretty standart border fort, that by acident is on a strategical place ( see that other idiotical fort in a jungle hill 3E 1N ). Normal BtS AI will do that as well.

Top Bottom