Great Works and Artefacts

footslogger

Warlord
I can't find much info about great works and artefacts, as in how they are obtained, where they are stored, the benefits they bring, trading them etc. Is there a good source of info about them somewhere or do we still not know very much about them?

I can't find much info about great works and artefacts, as in how they are obtained, where they are stored, the benefits they bring, trading them etc. Is there a good source of info about them somewhere or do we still not know very much about them?
You may watch let's plays for them.

Great works come from great people. Each produces 2 or 3 works. The district and building that store great works also give the great people points to recruit them.

Artifacts are collected by archeologists. They appear on the map when you research two civics. One unlocks land artifacts, one unlocks sea artifacts. You build the archeologist in a city with a museum and the archeologist can collect 3 artifacts. Museums store 3 artifacts. If an arche is attacked they are returned to the city with their museum. England's museums can hold double artifacts and must recruit two arches to fill it. They can both be active at the same time but must be built separately.

There is a metagame with great works of art and artifacts. Its called a theming bonus. With art if you have art all of the same type but from different artists in a gallery you get a bonus. Art is labeled for this purpose. Religeous and sculpture are two categories.

The theming bonus for artifacts comes from having artifacts from different civilizations in the museum. Artifact types are determined when you collect them and you often get to pick between two different types at the time of collection. England always gets a theming bonus but must fill all 6 slots in one of their super museums to get it.

Thanks, Promethian, very helpful. When I think of the sheer complexity of Civ 6, with all its new features and adjustments to old ones, I can't help feeling admiration for what the devs have achieved. Yes, the AI could be better and there are bound to be balance issues - hopefully a couple of big patches will improve matters. But it's already a game that I'm looking forward to playing more than any previous version of civ.

Not that the AI has ever been phenomenal, but as far as game design is concerned, I feel the devs have done a good job. I'm mostly excited about picking this game up and exploring all its systems with my friends, and the AI seems like it will hold up on its own well enough to help fill out the map some

Aside from religious and sculpture I think the other great work type from artists is landscape.

The 4 types of art are
Religious
Landscape
Portrait
Sculpture

Art/Artifacts give a base of 3 culture 6 tourism

Great Works of writing/music give 4 culture 8 tourism
Relics give 4 faith 8 tourism

Top Bottom