Great Works Bonus Combinations

Phoenix1595

Lord of the Two Lands
According to the BNW info page, there are apparently tourism bonuses if certain combinations of Great Works are matched together or with certain slotted wonders and buildings. Certainly it makes the GW swapping in diplomacy even more relevant. However, I haven't seen much (if any) info on the exact combinations-- does anyone know?

Presumably, certain Great Works match with wonders that directly relate to them (i.e. The Globe and Macbeth/William Shakespeare, Broadway and Gershwin, etc.). Is there any definitive info on these bonus combos? I doubt all of these combinations will be known until enough people play through BNW and discover them. Should be fun though!

Coming Soon... : THEMEING BONUSES :D (Museum has SEVERAL Themeing bonuses!)

Museum (1)
Bonus - 2
SameEra - True
MustBeArt - True
RequiresOwner - True

Museum (2)
Bonus - 2
SameEra - True
MustBeArt - True
RequiresAnyButOwner - True

Museum (3)
Bonus - 2
SameEra - True
MustBeArtifact - True
RequiresOwner - True

Museum (4)
Bonus - 2
SameEra - True
MustBeArtifact - True

Museum (5)
Bonus - 1
SameEra - True
MustBeArt - True

Museum (6)
Bonus - 1
SameEra - True
MustBeArtifact - True

Museum (7)
Bonus - 1
SameEra - True
RequiresOwner - True

Museum (8)
Bonus - 1
SameEra - True

Museum (9)
Bonus - 1
MustBeArt - True
RequiresOwner - True

Museum (10)
Bonus - 1
MustBeArt - True

Museum (11)
Bonus - 1
MustBeArtifact - True
RequiresOwner - True

Museum (12)
Bonus - 1
MustBeArtifact - True

Hermitage
Bonus - 3
UniqueEras - True
MustBeArt - True
RequiresUniquePlayers - True

Oxford University
Bonus - 2
UniqueEras - True

Sistine Chapel
Bonus - 2
SameEra - True
MustBeArt - True
RequiresSamePlayer - True

Lourve
Bonus - 4
UniqueEras - True
MustBeEqualArtArtifact - True

Great Library
Bonus - 2
UniqueEras - True

Sydney Opera House
Bonus - 2
UniqueEras - True

Uffizi
Bonus - 3
SameEra - True
MustBeArt - True

Globe Theater
Bonus - 2
SameEra - True

Broadway
Bonus - 3
SameEra - True

===
Legend : (this is what I came to conclusion on these)
Bonus - The additional Tourism and Culture recieved
SameEra - Must be of the same Era
UniqueEras - No more than 1 of the same Era
MustBeArt - Artifacts are not accepted
MustBeArtifacts - Paintings are not accepted
MustBeEqualArtArtifacts - Balance needs to be the same of Art and Artifacts
RequiresOwner - Works must come from the player
RequiresAnyButOwner - Works must come from other players only
RequiresUniquePlayers - Works can be from any player, but each civ can be represented only once
RequiresSamePlayers - Works can be from any player, but must be from the same player

This is what they are referring to, Themeing Bonuse.

i was hoping they'd be more interesting. Like, having to stick an artillery shell artifact in the same building as The Red Badge of Courage and and that Dixieland.

o well i won't cry 4 2 long

Also, does anyone have the list of Artifacts? I lost em.

i was hoping they'd be more interesting. Like, having to stick an artillery shell artifact in the same building as The Red Badge of Courage and and that Dixieland.

o well i won't cry 4 2 long

Also, does anyone have the list of Artifacts? I lost em.

It's smart on devs part to not include what you suggested, as we don't get to pick what great people we get NOR are they tied to any civs (which would often mean that some could be completely unrepresented and other overrepresnted).

Exactly because, no offense, it would really suck to be the Shoshone vs the Greeks if it was the way moysturfurmer suggested.

Civilization is a game first and foremost. Paradox Interactive is that way ----->

They make great historical rail shooters, but this here is more of a sandbox.

Thank you for cross-posting, King. I think it is a fun way to integrate Great Works into the game, albeit as flavor.

Exactly because, no offense, it would really suck to be the Shoshone vs the Greeks if it was the way moysturfurmer suggested.

Civilization is a game first and foremost. Paradox Interactive is that way ----->

They make great historical rail shooters, but this here is more of a sandbox.

Ah my bad I totally forgot that each civ can only pop Great Works that were made by their irl counterparts that's a good point.

edit: found the list of artifacts, lemme get detailed 4 a bit

Spoiler :

Beads
Pottery Sherd
Axe Head
Shield
Arrowheads
Mask
Amulet
Coin
Spear Tips
Greaves
Javelin Tips
Necklace
Pendant
Longship
Short Sword
Breastplate
Crossbow Bolts
Chalice
Statue
Doubloon
Two-Handed Sword
Plate Armor
Cannonball
Crown
Figurine
Belt Buckle
Bullets
Saber
Artillery Shell
Earrings

Okay, so what I mean was, if each great work/artifact was given certain inherent tags, then you'd be able to match tags for an extra bonus. For instance, a Crown artifact and Death of King Arthur can have the inherent tag of "Royalty", in addition to the era/civ tags that are generated when a GP pops the Great Work. Matching the two would thus give an extra bonus. The Three Musketeers/Red Badge of Courage could be tagged with "War", so matching them up with Saber's or Short Swords (also tagged "War") would be able to confer a bonus. Water Lillies and Statues and Mbube and the like could get a "Culture" tag, Great Gatsby and Coins and things could get a "Gold" tag etc.

They could get really specific too, like Holst's Saturn, Durer's St Jerome in His Study, and Petrarch's Il Canzoniere could all get a "Neo Platonist" tag, and confer a bonus that way.

I mean, sure, it's probably needlessly complicated, but only if you're one of those nerds who NEEDS to min/max in every game they play.

idk idc fi

I think it complicates thing too much. Just try to get the Louvre theming bonus is quite a task in itself.

Louvre

Bonus - 4
UniqueEras - True
MustBeEqualArtArtifact - True

Especially if you are France.

Just to be clear, I meant that having different subcategory for artifacts is the complicating part. It wouldn't add much to gameplay.

Is there any rule of thumb to remember the theme bonus? at least some translation. The code is great, but very hard to remember :crazyeye:

Can you get the same theming bonus multiple times from, say, Museums?

I honestly hope not, because trying to get a different bonus in various Museums would be a lot of fun...

Can you get the same theming bonus multiple times from, say, Museums?

I honestly hope not, because trying to get a different bonus in various Museums would be a lot of fun...

Why not? so long as you have enough great works.

Why not? so long as you have enough great works.

I just think it would be more flavourful if every theming bonus HAD to be different.

Besides, with so many different Museum bonuses, it seems it'll hardly be possible NOT to get one of those or another. Which makes them much, much less meaningful. Making each of them available only once would help preserve the challenge of actually getting them.

I just think it would be more flavourful if every theming bonus HAD to be different.

Besides, with so many different Museum bonuses, it seems it'll hardly be possible NOT to get one of those or another. Which makes them much, much less meaningful. Making each of them available only once would help preserve the challenge of actually getting them.

You have to understand that while I'm not opposed to your idea, themeing bonuses would be impossible to get, because you don't pick which artist you get, it's all random, hell, you might not even get Da Vinci in a single game and say if you had him and say they had great inventions then yoou could never have a themeing bonus.

They need to draw a line in some cases somewhere, people seem to ignore the fact that Civ 5 series has never been a simulation, it's been a strategy game...

Am I understand correctly that this info is not shown in Civilopedia?

I'm hoping that by worldwide release, there will be a mod with ingame help on theming bonuses. This will be the first mod I'll install in the game.

I'm hoping that by worldwide release, there will be a mod with ingame help on theming bonuses. This will be the first mod I'll install in the game.

The tooltip tells you exactly what you need for a theming bonus, so there's no need to go find a civpedia mod for it ;)

No, the bonus is supposed to be hidden, but knowing how it works helps planning and trading artifacts.

Top Bottom