Greatest 90s rock band

Kyriakos

Creator
I was a teenager in the 90s. Most people were listening to Nirvana at the time, and the rest of the popular bands. I went against the grain, had been taking guitar lessons and was into some more complicated music such as Pink Floyd. However there were many alternative bands at the time who were good. Of those i only was into Therapy? though.

And you? :)

Even tho Pink Floyd had an epic album in 90s. I can't really consider them 90s. That being said:

Best band: Oasis
Second best: Alice in Chains
Third best: Inspiral Carpets

Special mention goes to the Stone Roses but the madchester era is sorta end of 80s start of 90s thing. Even so i included Inspiral Carpets because all their albums were released in the 90s.

First half of the 90s? Nirvana. The decade? Radiohead.

RATM all the way for me

The Pixies didn't split till 1993, so they win.

Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins are all good picks

The 90s was probably the best punk decade. The Queers, Screeching Weasel, MTX all coming of age.

The 90's were hands down the best decade for music. So many good bands. Overall I'd say Tool and Stone Temple Pilots were my favorites.

60s, 70s, 80s were all better i reckon.

If by that you mean the 60's and early 70's then you would be correct.
The 90's were epic in terms of good music. My top bands in no particular order: Radiohead, Nirvana, RHCP, RATM, Soundgarden, Oasis, Blur, The Verve and The Flaming Lips to name a few.

If by that you mean the 60's and early 70's then you would be correct.
The 90's were epic in terms of good music. My top bands in no particular order: Radiohead, Nirvana, RHCP, RATM, Soundgarden, Oasis, Blur, The Verve and The Flaming Lips to name a few.

good bands i guess, especially radiohead and rage. and i know that many people disagree with me about the 80s, but from a metal point of view, they were fantastic.

Alice in Chains, by far.

Placebo, no contest for me. forgive them for working in the new millenium as well.

Radiohead aside, I personally found the 90s to be the absolute worst decade in music. All of that self-loathing crap...

good bands i guess, especially radiohead and rage. and i know that many people disagree with me about the 80s, but from a metal point of view, they were fantastic.

Yeah personally I can not allow myself to say that the 80's were better then any other decade though. It was almost all reprehensible garbage(another good band from the 90's)

Top Bottom