Greatest civ of all time

What is the greatest civ in history?

• Mesopotamia (Sumerians, Akkadians, Assyrians, Babylonians, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egyptian

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Hellenic (Mycenaean, Classical, Hellenistic, Byzantine, etc)

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Sinic (China, Japan, etc)

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Indian

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Meso-American

• Andean

• Arab

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • European (American, German, French, English, etc)

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • Other (please post suggestion)

Votes: 6 6.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Silverflame
Calm down KD. I dont have any problem with the "picky" rules in Singapore at all. In fact, I think most people (or at least myself) view the rules in a sense of awe. Id like to visit Singapore someday and see how it really is the largest clean and quiet city in the world. :)
One is not mad. ;) Just explaining S'pore's point of view. S'poreans had been the butt of jokes for too often because of these rules - even I used to make such jokes until I have to live here. :p

If you want to know what it's like w/o such 'small' rules, cross the border and visit my hometown, Johor Bahru in M'sia. Even the industrial estates in S'pore are probably cleaner than my housing estate... :o

Also, the Chinese, esp of the older generation, have the disgusting habit of spitting in public, amongst other stuff. :rolleyes: Still happens in M'sia now and then.

For conquest, I voted for the European civs, at their high-time (lets say before WW2) they controlled pritty much of the globe together.
For technology, I would vote for China, since they were pretty advanced in time, at least more advanced than Europeans untill about 1400.

i think i saw somebody say the celts had died out or europe had lost it's celtic roots or something.

but they haven't completely died out. i mean, there are still 7 celtic nations in europe (even if one of them is cornwall).

i voted for european btw.

how silly to have a poll on empires/civs and not have britain even with its own option.

Ellie

The British are the perfect European cocktail : ethnically and culturally (language at least) they are Germanic, Latin and Celtic, which are the 3 main Western European groups.

Top Bottom