greatest technology gained from a tribal village?

Re: popping Great People Techs.

I just popped Music in my current game. Is the right answer here that you can't pop a great person tech unless it has already been discovered by a rival civ?

4000 BC Bronze working :D

EPIC!

@catfish: I've popped music before, too. So it must be that... to pop that tech, some other civ needs to have discovered it first.

As for me, I had a game as Ramses where I popped AH from a goody hut on about turn 10 and found horses in my BFC. My build order went worker->(chop)barracks->warcha->warcha->warcha....... at Alexander's peril :D

I once got Future Tech 31 from a hut. There was this 2-tile island with a goody hut, and I never bothered to explore it, but when I needed to expand, Tahiti was just calling out to me...

How did none of the AI get it first?

I still find it funny to get Astronomy from the goodies, if they have it, why not colonize the Old world?

I once got Future Tech 31 from a hut. There was this 2-tile island with a goody hut, and I never bothered to explore it, but when I needed to expand, Tahiti was just calling out to me...

I'll go out on a limb and declare shenanigans on this. Future tech isn't a goodyable tech. You have any screenshots or saves to back this up?

In two pages we've managed to really drive home the point that Astronomy is the highest possible tech from a hut; however, for those just tuning in, it's worth repeating that Astronomy is the highest possible tech from a hut.

One time, I got 6 techs in a row.

Mining -- BW -- IW -- Metal Casting -- Writing -- Compass.
I sold Metal Casting to Giggly for Meditation, Hunting, Horseback Riding, and Polytheism.
One of the best deals I ever got, especially since the turn after Giggly built the Colossus I declared war with Horse Archers... which he never had.

Top Bottom