1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest wealth bug in SOI

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: The Sword of Islam' started by ElCommandante, May 8, 2011.

1. ElCommandante

ElCommandante Chieftain

I don't know if this has been reported already, but in my latest Byzantine playthrough of SOI I am unable to achieve the final UHV goal of having the greatest amount of wealth in 1500 even though I have over 35000 gold. I went into the WorldBuilder to see who had managed to amass a greater stockpile, and found that Baldwin of Jerusalem was supposed to have over 5000000 gold, even though in diplomacy he only has about 1200. Hope this issue can be fixed, as I've had a blast playing this mod.

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

This isn't a bug. Baldwin is only willing to give/trade 1200 of it's total wealth. He wants to keep the other part.

3. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Yeah that isn't bug, the bug is that how did Baldwin get the money in the first place. Although that bug appears in regular RFC as well.

4. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

Yes, it happens to me too...

5. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Didn't get it, but then I had something like 80k gold. Helps for my opponents to be dead and my vassals not to be at war (so they don't hire mercenaries)--I think it's got something to do with the mercenary mod.

6. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Diplomacy thing is CIV4 feature - the AI only trades 5-10% of its wealth.

The gold bug is from RFC, and the next version (and current SVN version) contains a possible fix.

7. ElCommandante

ElCommandante Chieftain

Are savegames compatible between versions?

8. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Generally no. SVN updates are small but the official downloadable patches bring too many changes for save games to work.

BTW the bug is related to RFC mercenaries version. The AI is essentially multiplying its wealth by a small factor, for every mercenary it owns. It's more visible in SoI since mercenaries are much more abundant, and the AI is more happy to use them. It affects mercenary-happy civs the most, especially KoJ because of its UP.

9. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Collapse the KoJ and the PoA--problem solved.:D