Greece

Txurce

Deity
I just played a game with 7.2.3, trying to make use of all the Greek traits. My plan was to go for a Science victory that takes advantage of the SA, but to do so with warring, taking advantage of the UU's. I focused on Liberty and Honor, followed by Scholasticism and all of Rationalism, dipping into Commerce and Freedom.

By the time I built three cities, I had one CC and one hoplite, and their time was over. So much for the UU portion of my plan! I played it out anyway, adding a fourth city, building up my science and going to war when I researched infantry. SOW allowed me to buy up multiple culture buildings, and my game accelerated. I launched in 262 turns - 18 turns slower than my record. This tells me that this approach has potential... if I could profit from SOW sooner. I'm not sure that's possible with the UU's.

An identical approach that may make even more sense for Greece is to go for a diplomatic victory. The gold from SOW combined with the SA could give Greece a major edge over Arabia and Siam there.

For Greece I'd recommend a start like my Mongolian strategy guide. 2 city Honor path, Barracks->Heroic Epic->military right away, with hoplites/CC from the capital and cats/archers from the second city. I'm going to try it once I have some free time again. :)

For Greece I'd recommend a start like my Mongolian strategy guide. 2 city Honor path, Barracks->Heroic Epic->military right away, with hoplites/CC from the capital and cats/archers from the second city. I'm going to try it once I have some free time again. :)

That's exactly what I did... and found myself alone on an island. I decided to get some work done at that point.

Well, even with Honor early it's still viable to switch to Liberty. It delays representation and the free settler somewhat but is mitigated by the extra culture and other bonuses.

That's why the rush is better for Mongolia, faster scouts to figure out what to do.

Well, even with Honor early it's still viable to switch to Liberty. It delays representation and the free settler somewhat but is mitigated by the extra culture and other bonuses.

Normally it would have been no big deal. But an island meant I wouldn't be doing an early rush with CC and hoplites. That's why I bagged the game.

Top Bottom